Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

Hello Klipsch Community,

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum, please move if I made a mistake. 

I am writing with a heavy heart to this forum and community.  My father, "BOXX" passed away last night.  It was sudden and my family is still in shock.  He was sitting at the kitchen bar in his house after we watched the Cowboy game together and had a heart attack.  He went very peacefully.  My mother and I did everything we could to help him.  The only comfort is that it was quick and painless. 

It hurts me deeply. as my father was my best friend.  He was always on this forum and I needed to share the news with this community. 

I realize it is an "internet community," however, he enjoyed this forum very much.  As he passed away last night, he was listening to music (a new play list), surfing the forum (I checked and it was about Pink Floyd: one of my cherished bands, because of my fathers influence to me), and looking on amazon prime for yet another album.  He was doing what he loved in retirement, listening to music...always too loudly...and always "just one more song"...much to mother's tolerance.

He was married to my mother for over 35 years, and have both been role models for me. 

I hope that this news reaches his friends on this community, and please contact me if you have any questions.  I have his account open on his laptop, and will check periodically. 

With a wounded heart, respectfully his son,

Alex

• Like 2

• Administrators

Oh, no....

This is terrible news. Please know that while we never met face to face, I considered your father to be a pretty vital part of our forums, and I enjoyed his posts.

My thoughts are with you and you family. So sad to hear. I'm a little shocked. I can't imagine how it is for you.

Please let us know about funeral/remembrance information when you can.

I'm very sorry for your (and our) loss.

Chad

I'm just blown away!!!!! What a great guy to have as a father. I know you loved him very much. We are all hurting for you right now. He will be truely missed by so many around here. We have had so many laughs.

Alex, my condolences to you and your family.  

Edited by JL Sargent

Alex;

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I did not know your father nearly as well as others on this forum, but enjoyed reading his posts on various topics.

I am certain he will be missed dearly by many.

Best regards.

John

Edited by John Chi-town

I am in tears.  I loved this man, though never had the pleasure of meeting him. 

I go with the normal "He's in a better place..." but I am really not sure there is a better place for BOXX than the Klipsch Forums. 

I wish comfort to you, and am so glad he was taken from his happy place.  That resonates with me as my mother and daughter both went the same way.  He was blessed.

Dave

• Like 2

Alex,

This is just horrible news and I know I can speak for the majority of this community if not the entire community that your wonderful father will be missed.

Hang in there and stay strong.

Prayers be with you and your family.

Bill

Alex I'm so sorry to hear of your and your family's loss.  Box was definitely one of this forum's best members..!!!

Alex as a parent I can tell you without a doubt that for your child to think of you as both their parent and best friend is the best feeling in the world and I'm so happy for you and your father to have had that type of relationship.

miketn

Alex, your dad was a great help and a good friend of mine. It has always been a pleasure to read of the joy in his posts, a joy caused in no small part by having your mom and you in his life. You dad was a gentleman and a good father, and we all are proud he was a friend here.

Thank you for sharing him with us, and know that we treasured him as well.

Dave

• Like 1

Alex - I live in west Arlington, so if you need anything that I can help you with - please let me know.

I'm very sorry about this.  I was looking forward to meeting him.  Prayers for you and your family.

Chris

• Like 1