Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

If I have any influence, his posts and avatar will remain forever here.  As a moderator, all he had to do in an iffy thread was to show up and things would improve. 

His status may be "offline," but he will be forever online for those who loved him.  Alex, I would ask that you consider joining us.  It's obvious you are of the same cut of cloth as your father.  You have instant recognition here.  Listen to music, enjoy his system and remember him when you do.  He will be with you. 

Dave

• Like 4

If I have any influence, his posts and avatar will remain forever here.  As a moderator, all he had to do in an iffy thread was to show up and things would improve. 

His status may be "offline," but he will be forever online for those who loved him.  Alex, I would ask that you consider joining us.  It's obvious you are of the same cut of cloth as your father.  You have instant recognition here.  Listen to music, enjoy his system and remember him when you do.  He will be with you. 

Dave

Thank you for your kind words.  Just thank you.

I am very sad to hear this news!  Boxx was definitely someone I would have liked to meet some day.  He was so kind and above board!   I am so sorry for your loss!

His absence will be felt very strongly here!   Please accept our deepest sympathy and consider joining us here whenever you feel like it.

I am in disbelief of this  news.  Alex, I am terribly sorry to hear about your dad/best friend.  Your dad was well respected around here, though miles apart we all enjoyed talking music, drinks, food, and whatever else that was on the table.  He will be truly missed, you and your family will be in my prayers tonight. 

I would like everyone to know that your thoughts mean a lot to me.  Today, we decided as a family to have a "non-traditional" service...I mean, that we will have a playlist before the service in the background, 2-3 songs during the service (I know one song I chose is "Time," by The Alan Parsons Project.  My father would mention to me that, "this should be played at my funeral..." I always just laughed and thought it was meaningful and sad at the same time.  

My sister will help choose the music as well.  As my father and I are both University of Texas graduates, I am going to ask the members of the service to join me in "The Eyes of Texas."  I feel that my Dad would get a kick out of it, and I am very happy to honor him in a unique way.  

You have no idea how much your posts have made my mother and me smile this evening.  Thank you. 

• Like 9

Just heard about this and am in shock.  I’ve had countless exchanges with Boxx over the years and they’ve always been great.  

He told me the other day that I was cool … if I’m cool, it’s because I had a friend like him.

I will miss him tremendously.

I hope in time, Boxx’s family will all read this thread and know how loved and respected he was -- but, i’m sure they already knew that.

My heart aches and there is a big hole in this forum now.

I send my condolences.

Steve

(I know one song I chose is "Time," by The Alan Parsons Project.  My father would mention to me that, "this should be played at my funeral..." I always just laughed and thought it was meaningful and sad at the same time.  

Wow, I’m blown away that you chose the song Time.  I told your Dad once that I thought he had access to my music library because we played so many of the same things (he would often play Queen, which is my favorite, and he’d tell me that he thought of me when he put it on).  I just made this reference to Alan Parson’s last night, i think …  i wrote: 

Alan Parsons Project LPs are super…love the song Eye in the Sky, Time, Damned if I Do, Games People Play. 

Time was my first favorite Alan Parson’s tune--definitely somber.  Again condolences and hope you smile knowing that your Dad brightened many of our lonely nights with some fun commaraderie. (he would have been able to tell me how to spell that correctly).

Oh yeah … he was the Most Interesting Man on the Forum and I think we should put his avatar in the Klipsch Forum Hall of Fame.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

I really try to be tough with 3 sons of my own, but I am tearing up. I am so very sorry for you, your mom and your sister. Your dad was a great guy, and he will live on in our hearts.

You don't need all of us to tell you how great your dad was. I only hope my sons grow up to be as good of men as you are. Stay strong, and please post here as often as you wish. Perhaps our company will fill some of this emptiness.

God bless you Alex.

Alex, that's my son in my avatar. He just turned 11 years old and loves baseball. When your father and I talked baseball it was quite obvious that he was very proud of you. He talked about your HS baseball, college, and your coaching. He described the many sacrifices the family made to travel every weekend to baseball tournaments and how he felt it was all worth it. He told me to cherish the time I have with my son (Auston) and I know he was right. Thank you, thank you so much for sharing your great father with us here. He was truly a prince of a man!