Hope Caravan

CECAA850

This thread will be pinned until after the gathering in Hope in April.  The purpose of this thread is to offer transportation for audio sales among members.  No one is obligated to participate and no one should be held liable for circumstances beyond their control in transporting goods.  Klipsch Corp. is not affiliated with this process in any way manner shape or form.  It's just something I thought of to help members out.  Members are generally more careful moving things than UPS or Fed-Ex as well. 

The way I envision this working is to make Hope the hub of all transactions.  Anyone wishing to participate should post their city, state and or zip.  Speakers/amps or audio components would travel via forum member to Hope, be handed off to someone going by the buyers location and delivered by them.

Example:  I'm buying a pair of speakers from someone.  I pay that person for the speakers.  The person I'm purchasing from is not going to Hope but someone 30 minutes from him is.  He drops them off to the forum member close to him, that person brings them to Hope, and I bring them home.  Pretty simple

Here's a real world example that's in place already.  I bought a pair of speakers from someone around Dallas.  I've already sent the person funds.  Thaddeussmith has already picked them up for me.  Thad will bring them to Hope and I'll get them there.

I'll start the ball rolling.

I live in Beaumont, TX 77706 and will be going to Hope.  PM me if I can help transporting something for you.

Carl

• Like 1

This is a good thing, and thank you for starting this thread.  I think it would also be worth mentioning that April is not too far away, and that if folks are thinking of selling/buying/transporting items, then that planning needs to start soon, and not wait till the event is near.  Wondering if selling/buying specifically for Hope should stay in Garage sale, or perhaps go here?  Just a thought.  Thanks again.

Um, wait, this is Garage Sale....doh!!

Edited by jimjimbo

I guess I'll put out a feeler..... (this might not be necessary for me to ask but as of today, I don't know)

Is there someone who will (can) pass through Indianapolis, pick up a U-Haul trailer full of goods, bring said trailer to Hope where we will then affix the trailer to the back of my car and I'll pull it back to Tennessee.  I don't recall if my hitch is 1 3/4 or 1 7/8.  I guess I need to find out.

Nothing has concluded yet but I'm in discussion to buy some large speakers and they won't fit into the back seat of my Camry.

Even if I drive a truck....  I don't want them open air in case it rains.

I might also just do a road trip to Indy & back to Knoxville (but right now, don't want to in winter)

If I do the simple drive, I can ferry something to/from Hope to Memphis or Nashville or Knoxville.  Actually, in time, I'll also be going to Atlanta area (Oxford / Covington) so could take something down that way.

I guess I'll put out a feeler..... (this might not be necessary for me to ask but as of today, I don't know)

Is there someone who will (can) pass through Indianapolis, pick up a U-Haul trailer full of goods, bring said trailer to Hope where we will then affix the trailer to the back of my car and I'll pull it back to Tennessee.  I don't recall if my hitch is 1 3/4 or 1 7/8.  I guess I need to find out.

Nothing has concluded yet but I'm in discussion to buy some large speakers and they won't fit into the back seat of my Camry.

I might also just do a road trip to Indy & back to Knoxville (but right now, don't want to in winter)

If I do the simple drive, I can ferry something to/from Hope to Memphis or Nashville or Knoxville.  Actually, in time, I'll also be going to Atlanta area (Oxford / Covington) so could take something down that way.

i'm sure u-haul trailers are set up for a 2" ball

thats whats on my truck when i recently rented one from them

could depend on what size trailer your renting

i have these F/S on ebay GROSSLY overpriced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Klipsch-HSMs-Heresy-Slant-Monitors-/191473889795?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item2c94bbb203

and these GROSSLY overpriced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Klipsch-Heresy-from-1979-Near-Mint-/191472511407?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item2c94a6a9af

i'm in Cincy, OH

Edited by Budman

U-Haul trailers take either 1 7/8 or 2" balls or I should say the trailers take both size balls at the trailer size you are thinking of.

Is there someone who will (can) pass through Indianapolis, pick up a U-Haul trailer full of goods, bring said trailer to Hope where we will then affix the trailer to the back of my car and I'll pull it back to Tennessee. 

So, what are you buying from Michael?  I mean, there's only one guy in Indy with enough Klipsch stuff to fill a trailer...and then some...LOL 

• Moderators

Picayune Ms 39466, going to Hope, whatever would fit in the back of a jeep Cherokee, from experance. Chorus or smaller, Cornwalls fit but only with the seat down and our grandson may come so we may need that seat ? 

Did the caravan thing once, Forte ll's from here to Hope and DWIlawyer took the second half from Hope to somewhere in Texas.

• Moderators

Picayune Ms 39466, going to Hope, whatever would fit in the back of a jeep Cherokee, from experance. Chorus or smaller, Cornwalls fit but only with the seat down and our grandson may come so we may need that seat ? 

Did the caravan thing once, Forte ll's from here to Hope and DWIlawyer took the second half from Hope to somewhere in Texas.

Just jogging your memory....we picked them up in Tuscaloosa Alabama the weekend before your appendectomy, we took them to Hope, AR and dwilawyer took them to oldtimer!   :)  If memory serves me correctly those were a beautiful pair of Forte II's.  Oldtimer may have a different recollection of those events though!

Edited by dtel's wife

Is there someone who will (can) pass through Indianapolis, pick up a U-Haul trailer full of goods, bring said trailer to Hope where we will then affix the trailer to the back of my car and I'll pull it back to Tennessee. 

So, what are you buying from Michael?  I mean, there's only one guy in Indy with enough Klipsch stuff to fill a trailer...and then some...LOL 

Don't yet know that I am.....I've not dropped the bomb on the wife.  (that alone should rule 'A & B & C' (whatever they may be) out).

I really don't want to road trip to Indianapolis and then road trip again to Hope.  Not yet sounding like anyone is taking that route and has ability to tow.

If anyone's interested in trying out my CD conversion service this would be a great time to either pick up a completed order or drop off to start an order and save half on shipping costs. I'm also happy to spend time talking through the process with people face to face and working through concerns as I strive to build some rapport with my potential customers.

Just stuff to think about since I won't really have any gear to sell/swap at the event.