On display: Heritage-Inspired Wireless Speakers

Chad

I'm VERY interested in hearing what you guys think about this, given the limited info we can give you at this time?

I'm more interested in seeing if these will help satisfy Moray James.  :P

A "Heritage" in a semi-modern style tower.  Pretty interesting.  I've never liked the light colored cane grills but most of the Heritage guys will love them.  The black grill looks better IMO. 

Well, whether they satisfy James is yet to be seen. I'd like to see the specs if possible (I doubt that they are ready for reveal yet). They've got a nice look - but I'm like others on here - remove the grills please ;):D  - I wanna see what ya workin' with here. 

I have more photos (I'm there). I'll post more here at some point.

- Ask Trey Cannon about how good Stadium is. This is improved on that.

- Don't want to comment on price just yet.

- Heritage-INSPIRED. We would never call them a Heritage speaker. That would be insulting to PWK.

P.S. We also did wireless Cornwalls for CES 2015.

Wireless Corns?!!!!! Now that would be HUGE!!!! (pun intended)!!!! 

The folks who buy a heritage inspired speaker would also probably be the type who like to experiment with different amplification. So if it's going to be wireless, I think they should have a way to bypass the internal amp and wire them directly.

If I were to put some in my theater room, I would have no desire to pay extra for wireless and internal amplification that would either never get used or would force me to not use my receiver's power. I think you'd still need AC power wires too, and I don't really want three new plugs to be used up by my display and four behind me.

I could see wireless being useful for retrofitting, but think that should be a separate module, basically a wireless amp that could be bought separately.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

A couple more shitty photos for you. (CES is chaotic as heck. I don't have time to do my actual job haha!)

We have a real photographer there, so she'll have a butt load of great pics. I'll have to snag a quick one without the grille too for y'all.

Also, reminder that these speakers are conceptual. Nothing is final.

Anyway, enjoy...

Heritage_Inspired_Towers_1200_6355619715

Heritage_Inspired_Towers_3_1200_63556197

Heritage_Inspired_Towers_4_1200_63556197

I'd lose the walnut trim around the bases. IMO.

A couple more shitty photos for you. (CES is chaotic as heck. I don't have time to do my actual job haha!)   We have a real photographer there, so she'll have a butt load of great pics. I'll have to snag a quick one without the grille too for y'all.   Also, reminder that these speakers are conceptual. Nothing is final.   Anyway, enjoy...

Alex,

Love the looks of these.  Though the brown veneer looks to be a dark stained oak as opposed to some suggesting walnut.  I could be wrong though. :unsure:

Either way, I could see a pair of those "maybe" replacing my HII's in my master bedroom someday.

Bill 

They are walnut but darker than the Heresy/Cornwall walnuts we have on display as well.

Alex, is it possible you could convince someone to put the cane on a pair of the walnut for us.

The grilles don't come off the walnut ones. These were prototypes that we are showing at CES at the last second haha.

cane doesn't look that good on walnut... I have cane and walnut cornalls.

now raw birch (which these new speakers are not made from) cane does look wonderful.

at any rate, klipsch should go back to custom veneers and treatments for this series if ever introduced.

one question, I understand the term conceptual... are these speakers fully functional? If I manage to get into CES, can I listen to them?

The walnut ones are fully functional besides the grilles not coming off.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Sorry guys, I'm just not as thrilled as all of you seem to be.  Initially, I was - then I saw the control panel on the side and ....blah. They look fantastic with the throw-back design and I hope they'll have paper cones to keep with the 'heritage' inspiration.  But, if they have internal amps that's a big red X across the spec sheet for me.  With an internal amp, I see them on the Best Buy shelf.  Sorry.

EDIT: I HOPE they aren't internal amp controls.  I HOPE it is some sort of pairing control for the wireless portion of the new design.

Edited by Steven1963

• Administrators

This is my semi-informed opinion, but I see these being positioned in a higher-end boutique setting, catered to those who like unique yet classic design, while maintaining ease of use. Again, that's my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

This is my semi-informed opinion, but I see these being positioned in a higher-end boutique setting, catered to those who like unique yet classic design, while maintaining ease of use. Again, that's my opinion.

I honestly think that market would be small...If anything folks are looking for Modern or practicality in their design.

{EDIT: I also think that price point compared to function would be important--If not as expensive as Heritage would they be in the Reference speaker ball park?}

Edited by tkdamerica

No, Cane looks Great with Walnut!

So, I guess it is a matter of differ tastes...

now raw birch (which these new speakers are not made from) cane does look wonderful.

at any rate, klipsch should go back to custom veneers and treatments for this series if ever introduced.

one question, I understand the term conceptual... are these speakers fully functional? If I manage to get into CES, can I listen to them?

No, Cane looks Great with Walnut!

So, I guess it is a matter of differ tastes...

Well, I think cane looks pretty damn good with walnut....apparently PWK did too....

post-12530-0-67460000-1420655538_thumb.j

• Like 5

This is my semi-informed opinion, but I see these being positioned in a higher-end boutique setting, catered to those who like unique yet classic design, while maintaining ease of use. Again, that's my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

AKA, hippies with disposable income.