On display: Heritage-Inspired Wireless Speakers

Chad

No, Cane looks Great with Walnut!

So, I guess it is a matter of differ tastes...

cane doesn't look that good on walnut... I have cane and walnut cornalls.

now raw birch (which these new speakers are not made from) cane does look wonderful.

at any rate, klipsch should go back to custom veneers and treatments for this series if ever introduced.

one question, I understand the term conceptual... are these speakers fully functional? If I manage to get into CES, can I listen to them?

Well, I think cane looks pretty damn good with walnut....apparently PWK did too....

attachicon.gifIMG_4053 (Large).JPG

Yeah, me too.

Bill

post-24680-0-24740000-1420658145_thumb.j

• Like 2

yes, I talked specifically to young alex... what a very nice fellow.

On top of it all, he was very sensitive to the Legacy of PWK and all that it stands for... that was really very refreshing. even better yet... instead of talking, HE LISTENED.

with new blood I expect great things from Klipsch going forward.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 2

:P

Do they sound as good as they look?

they do... a lot of presence and projection. not perfect listening environment, but they cut thru every sound that was coming from all over the convention like a knife. I didn't hear any granularity of complaining from any of the drivers... upper range was good and I was wondering where the hell all the low end extension was coming from because these speakers were thumping!

obviously, they sound very similar to the Stadium.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

• Administrators

yes, I talked specifically to young alex... what a very nice fellow.

On top of it all, he was very sensitive to the Legacy of PWK and all that it stands for... that was really very refreshing. even better yet... instead of talking, HE LISTENED.

with new blood I expect great things from Klipsch going forward.

I give the kid a hard time constantly, but he's a good kid.

We all love the PWK heritage. One of the first things I said to my wife after my first day working here was, "you wouldn't believe how cool PWK was."

• Like 1

This is my semi-informed opinion, but I see these being positioned in a higher-end boutique setting, catered to those who like unique yet classic design, while maintaining ease of use. Again, that's my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

AKA, hippies with disposable income.

aka. hipsters.  

• Administrators

This is my semi-informed opinion, but I see these being positioned in a higher-end boutique setting, catered to those who like unique yet classic design, while maintaining ease of use. Again, that's my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

aka. hipsters.  

...eeeehhhhh I wouldn't go THAT far...

• Like 1

A couple more shitty photos for you. (CES is chaotic as heck. I don't have time to do my actual job haha!)

We have a real photographer there, so she'll have a butt load of great pics. I'll have to snag a quick one without the grille too for y'all.

Also, reminder that these speakers are conceptual. Nothing is final.

Anyway, enjoy...

Heritage_Inspired_Towers_1200_6355619715

Heritage_Inspired_Towers_3_1200_63556197

Heritage_Inspired_Towers_4_1200_63556197

Wow those look awesome. I would love to have that grill cloth for my black KG 5.5's.

• Like 1

aka. hipsters.  

No, sorry, but hippies are definitely NOT hipsters.  Two completely different species...

No, sorry, but hippies are definitely NOT hipsters.  Two completely different species...

I've never seen a real hippie with enough disposable income to get high end speakers. :)

I have however seen dudes that grow a beard like a lumberjack, like to display vintage axes on the wall right next to their vintage art with their vintage bike nearby in their modern big-city apartment, drink PBR for apparently most every reason except quality while they twirl on their vintage style curled moustache, possibly with their tweed coat nearby which is somehow paired intelligently with their skinny pants and vintage chuck taylors, and they're probably software engineers or something. Those guys would LOVE these speakers. I wouldn't call them hippies.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I have however seen dudes that grow a beard like a lumberjack, like to display vintage axes on the wall right next to their vintage art with their vintage bike nearby in their modern big-city apartment, drink PBR for apparently most every reason except quality while they twirl on their vintage style curled moustache, possibly with their tweed coat nearby which is somehow paired intelligently with their skinny pants and vintage chuck taylors, and they're probably software engineers or something. Those guys would LOVE these speakers. I wouldn't call them hippies.

And your point is what?

I'm a software engineer, have a lumberjack beard, and have an enormous collection of vintage axes, although never had a pair of Chuck Taylors....sorry. 

• Like 3

And your point is what?

I'm a software engineer, have a lumberjack beard, and have an enormous collection of vintage axes, although never had a pair of Chuck Taylors....sorry.

You left out skinny pants. Fess up. :)

I just have a stereotypical image of the standard hipsters I see in Nashville and I think they would absolutely love these things.