Just joined the club! Happy new owner with a couple of questions.

PaulV

Also matching the front 3 I believe is better than just upgrading your center.

Thank you Michael. I followed your suggestion (as well as many others' in this thread) and matched my front three: 52s it is!

i think having your rears the same as your fronts is the best way to go

Thanks for the suggestion! I already received the rears (pair of RB-41 II) but will definitely keep it in mind when I upgrade again. What would match the 52s that I have at the front?

On your AVR, maybe look at a prior year model on whatever you choose, you'll get more bang for your dollar.

I did not look at the picture of your layout, but if you can hang the side surrounds on the fall facing in to your seating area,and have no issue with it, do that instead of the stands. You'll be able to adjust them up and down for sound quality, and if you "toe" in the L/R mains you can play with the sound.

I also have issues with conversing with myself,  problem is is when my inner self starts speaking Spanish to me. I can't understand a word he says as I don't speak Spanish.

Welcome to the forum.

The RB-51. Sweet avatar, btw

Thanks mattSER. I'll probably give the 41s a good try first, then transfer then over to my study and replace them with the 52s for the living room. Might also be getting the surrounds at that point actually... Probably 6 months from now so I have enough to also add that second sub. What did I get myself into??  :D

Your avatar is pretty sweet too!

On your AVR, maybe look at a prior year model on whatever you choose, you'll get more bang for your dollar.

I did not look at the picture of your layout, but if you can hang the side surrounds on the fall facing in to your seating area,and have no issue with it, do that instead of the stands. You'll be able to adjust them up and down for sound quality, and if you "toe" in the L/R mains you can play with the sound.

I also have issues with conversing with myself,  problem is is when my inner self starts speaking Spanish to me. I can't understand a word he says as I don't speak Spanish.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion on the AVR. I'll see if there's anything worth considering if it matches my criteria... There should be a tool of some kind with tick boxes for the stuff you really want that would then filter out all the ones that don't fit the profile. Pretty time-consuming to do this manually.

Unfortunately I can't really hang anything on the walls (although this might change in the nearish future) so in addition to the versatile nature of bookshelves it was also one of those things that made me discard the surrounds for the time being.

I'm lucky enough to be able to speak a few languages so my inner self always unfortunately always finds a way to convince me to do things I might regret. In this case, I'm not regretting getting the Klipsch system one bit!  :)

Hey PaulV, welcome to the forum. 

I have nothing to suggest for your system. The guys that are in your thread know more than I do on this.. 

But what I want to tell you is.... I to am from England. I was born in Middlesex. I came to the US back in 1968. It was not until Oct of 2014 I beacme a US citizen..yea I gave up my green card.

the last time I was back in the UK was 1988.

well I just wanted to say.....welcome to the forum mate..

Hey PaulV, welcome to the forum. 

I have nothing to suggest for your system. The guys that are in your thread know more than I do on this.. 

But what I want to tell you is.... I to am from England. I was born in Middlesex. I came to the US back in 1968. It was not until Oct of 2014 I beacme a US citizen..yea I gave up my green card.

the last time I was back in the UK was 1988.

well I just wanted to say.....welcome to the forum mate..

Thank you! You'll have to come back soon, we miss you here.  :)

Welcome to the forum, there is alot of great insight here.  You will probably go through a few different set ups before you have completely fine tuned your system.  There will always be better options it just depends on your budget and how big of a system you want to build.  Eventually, if the budget allows it, tey upgrading to some of the heritage line thats where I hope to one day land.

Welcome to the forum PaulV! Be careful, depending how you look at it, this forum has either a good, or nasty habit of taking you way down down the speaker rabbit hole  :P  Very nice first HT system btw, your system is already leaps and bound ahead of anything the average Joe has.

I am a strong proponent of a sonically matched HT system and that would be my goal, along with the best amplification you can afford. For a starter system, the front 3 should be matched if at all possible. You are getting some good suggestions. This is a great group.

Welcome!!

Welcome to the forum. Take some time an listen to the set-up you have. You can always make changes in time. For now just sit back, listen and enjoy.

Thank you toolz! I'll do just that and enjoy what I already have for as long as I can. I'm in eager to set everything up but also in no particular rush uograde-wise.

Eventually, if the budget allows it, tey upgrading to some of the heritage line thats where I hope to one day land.

Thanks actionjackson77! Yeah, long way before the Heritages but I bet that the road that will take me there will be a fun one to be on. :)

Welcome to the forum PaulV! Be careful, depending how you look at it, this forum has either a good, or nasty habit of taking you way down down the speaker rabbit hole :P Very nice first HT system btw, your system is already leaps and bound ahead of anything the average Joe has.

Thanks Shodrewken! Great crowd here and I definitely got great advice. Exactly what the sound doctor ordered.