Superdave's HT Build

Superdave

That looks awesome man! Looks to be a nice sized room…it's getting closer huh?

Yeah, not as fast as I hoped for, but it's very close. Still need to get the TV. Looking into the LG 79" 79UB9800 79-Inch 4K. Hopefully will have it next week. Once the last sub-contractor is finished, then I'll start speaker and components installation. I have installed the 24 port gigabit switch and tested all Cat6 hardwired connections. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading this thread and looking at the pictures. It's a great thread, and you have had some great advice from some of the smarter people here.     Great craftsmanship, BTW!

Thanks and many thanks goes out to the good folks on here for the advice and direction. I'm very close, all the equipment has been delivered. Currently working on the subwoofers. Still have other speakers and amps, etc to install. Installed the LG 79" TV over the weekend. Can't wait to fire this system up!!

Trying to determine the rear subwoofer locations. Please see the attached drawing. The front subs are installed. Note the subs are going to be firing through a wall. Here's a picture of the front wall with subs installed and grill covers off.

Would like to ask for some opinions on that, thanks.

post-60616-0-75760000-1427130203_thumb.j

post-60616-0-04680000-1427130228_thumb.j

The subs go where they play best.  Trying to plan sub location without trying several spots may not give the best performance.  It looks like there will be at least 4 subs.  Try them in the rear corners if possible or close to the seating and see what you like.  It is easier to wire for speakers ahead of time than for subs.  A sub a few ft to the left or right can easily loose some db.  That is a big room and you want to keep all your db's, lol.

I figured that would be the case. The reason I'm asking is that I will eventually have to cut large openings in the wall where the sound can come through. I could try and test them actually inside the room but I'm not sure if that will give the same result as being located behind the wall. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I suffered a hernia today after moving the Emotivas from the pallet it was delivered on to the basement. :blink:  I'm not as young as I use to be! LOL! Placed the XPA-7 Gen 2, UPA-700, iNuke-6000DSP, Marantz AV 7702 into the room today. Currently making custom cables, seems to take about 40 minutes per cable when working with 10 gauge spk wire. Received 3 of the 4 speaker grills for the subwoofers, the last one is MIA, but Richard at Speakerworks.com has another one coming. I hoping to fire it up this weekend and also work on the rear subs locations. Pictures to come soon...

• 2 weeks later...