Superdave's HT Build

Superdave

A pair of RF-82 II just purchased and awaiting shipment! :D 

I'm my own worst enemy. I know Scrappydue suggested that I go with a RC-62II, but for some dang reason I want the RC-64II or the new RP-450C. Someone please bring me to my senses!

I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but speaking specifically about the centers themselves, I'm pretty sure Scrappy doesn't like it based on the bang for the buck, not that it is bad.  He doesn't think the 64 is worth the price, while the 62 is.  Really has nothing to do with which center is better in general.  The RC-64 looks really nice and performs really well on concert movies.  If you're getting this style anyway, you can't go wrong with it if you don't mind shelling out the bucks.  

HOWEVER, as for the RC-64ii, if you already bought some RF-82ii's, getting an RC-64ii doesn't make much sense to me.  Should have went with RF-7ii's, that's the direction you wanted to go, the tweeters and finish match.  The tweeters nor the finish will match on the 82 / 64 combo.  I would not recommend mixing and matching like this.  

Personally I would have waited a few more weeks and got the new reference stuff unless you got a sick deal.  The new stuff ships out the end of this month.  Just slow down a little and soak it all in, no reason to rush. :)  If you're drooling over the RP-450C, I'd beg that dealer not to ship and apply some credit towards the new reference premiere if he is feeling like a nice guy.  But that's just me.  Otherwise just stick with the RC-62ii because you want everything to match as much as possible.  

Your absolutely right! I'm caught up in the hype of it all and new to the game, I need to slow down. I did get a smokin deal on the 82ii's under 700 shipped, new.

Fantastic! Congrats on the purchase! The 82s are the best bang for the buck.

I too think the RC-64 would be a little silly. Definitely overshadowing the 82s.

And the RP-450c is a direct replacement for the RC-62, so I don't think it will be a huge performance jump. Aesthetically, maybe...

Glad you bought some towers and for a good deal. But I stick to what I said. 62ii center would be the best match. And metro nailed how I feel. The 64 is better. But not worth the price jump. And I would never mismatch. Ever.

Ok, in search for a very solid deal on a RC-62ii, thanks. Then 2 pairs of RB-61ii's for the side and rear surrounds. :emotion-21:

You need some serious speakers and subs in a room that big if you an exciting experience.

Hi Scrappydue,

Well, now I ask for direction on adding some additional subwoofers. I know that you have mentioned that the (2) Sunfire HRS-12's probably won't fill that large space properly. So, with that being said I would like your opinion/ direction. I do plan on using the Sunfires, I can't return them as I have been using them in my main level family den. I have attached a mock-up of implementing (2) 15" subwoofer enclosures in the "hidden" AV/ Network room. I'm considering building the enclosures and using a amp similiar to a BEHRINGER iNUKE NU6000DSP or compatiable unit. I have pretty good woodworking skills and tools. 

If others would also please give me your input that would great.

Thanks.

post-60616-0-05940000-1420939995_thumb.j

post-60616-0-51780000-1420940898_thumb.j

Now we are talking!

First off, good amp choice.

Second off since you ask for direction. If you buy driver x in 15" and driver x in 18" the cost is only a little more and I have always been told it takes two 15's to equal a single 18. With that being said I am a huge fan of 18" woofers. They move some serious air and that is what you need in a big room

Would you wanna go ported or sealed?

Could you do the sunfires near field behind the couch?

Well, now I ask for direction on adding some additional subwoofers. I know that you have mentioned that the (2) Sunfire HRS-12's probably won't fill that large space properly. So, with that being said I would like your opinion/ direction. I do plan on using the Sunfires, I can't return them as I have been using them in my main level family den.

Second off since you ask for direction. If you buy driver x in 15" and driver x in 18" the cost is only a little more and I have always been told it takes two 15's to equal a single 18. With that being said I am a huge fan of 18" woofers. They move some serious air and that is what you need in a big room

While I do think(know) that 18's will move more air, I think he will be just fine with a pair of 15's in addition to his Sunfire 12's.  That would still be plenty of cubic inches of woofer area.

On the other hand, if the cost to jump to 18's would only be a small amount, then go that route.

Wait a minute, 18's will not fit between studs. :o

Bill 

Yeah bill the cost is usually 50$ more a driver. And if you get double the headroom I think it's easy money spent. However if they have to fit in between studs that can't be framed out to accommodate bigger then 15's will be ok. But you can easily frame since you have access for two cabinets to house a 18.

Sealed or ported. Easy. Want small boxes or huge boxes lol. My sealed 18's are 20x24. That would be your cutout size. Roughly.

And I'd go with rear positions you posted. If that's where they would sound the best anyways. Can always do the sub crawl. But I'd say two front and two rear subs would be fantastic

I own 4 18" stereo integrity drivers. Them, the Dayton HO, and the ultimax and probably three most popular driver for price to performance ratio.

Depending on budget you can step to higher end drivers like the uxl-18 or even go crazy high end and get two tc sounds lms-ultra 5400! If you dingo with the inuke 6000 I'd prolly go with two of the ultimax drivers as they will be a 4 ohm load and one per channel will be sweet.

This might be a strange question/ concern: The room above the AV/ Network area is the MBR shower, which is made primarily of glass walls 3/8" thick and door. Do you think this much bass might cause an issue/ damage?

Check this out: http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Reference-Subwoofer-Cabinet-Package/dp/B00D8GOK86/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_45?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M1X5WFQ718FN8KC5C9A

Also, saw this http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Ultimax-Subwoofer-Cabinet-Package/dp/B00D8GPFGM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CM257TAYGQ9BK5D21D5#customerReviews , is this box a decently built unit?

Edited by Superdave