Boxx's Memorial Service

Thaddeus Smith

Was it worth taking the day off to wear the most uncomfortable clothes I own, driving an hour and a half through Dallas traffic, fighting my social anxiety to be part of a crowded room full of strangers?

For this man and his family, most certainly yes. I am truly grateful to have been a small part of today's events, to meet Boxx's family, and to celebrate a life well lived. In overhearing conversations, his eulogy, and brief conversations with his family is was evident that Boxx was the same here as he was everywhere else.

A wonderful husband, a doting father, a loyal friend .. he was goofy and loved to have a good time, always welcoming, intelligent, and most certainly a music lover. So the Boxx we knew was the Boxx everyone knew, and that warms my soul.

Alex, the soundtrack you put together was a perfect amalgam of his favorite artists and it was as though he made it himself. Great selections that had me tapping my toes and recalling fond memories of late night jam sessions. His eulogy was presented by his best friend and also included a beautiful message by Boxx's daughter Genevieve. A few musical selections were played as well, including "Time" and "High Hopes" - I think Boxx would have loved these selections for not only the personal importance they have in his family's life, but also the fact that he got a full chapel of multi-generational people to sit through two very slow Alan Parsons and Pink Floyd songs. I cried the whole time.

Dave and the PAW: you guys knocked it out of the park with the flowers. Thank you for taking that initiative and making it happen so quickly.

Forum guys: It was both weird and humbling to represent a whole segment of people that could have easily doubled the number of people in attendance. I know this forum, and all of the love and support put forth by its members, means a great deal to the family. If any of you were there, my apologies for not seeking you out. So many people in such a tight space started to overwhelm me and I needed to duck out.

Boxx family: Thank you for alerting us so quickly and allowing us to support you and grieve with you. It would have been just as easy to let us know retroactively, or not at all. It was indeed a privilege to to be there in honor of your husband and dad.

Alex and Genevieve: I sincerely hope you guys stick around and interact from time to time, continuing your dad's legacy and leaving your own mark. I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and I'd really like to get to know you more, here or "offline". I thoroughly enjoyed your dad and it's clear that his influence is found in you both, and that makes me think I'd enjoy you as well.

Michele: Thank you for sharing your husband with us. He spent a ton of time here, but it should never be considered a wasted effort - our lives are enriched as a result of knowing him. I have no doubt your support network is vast, but please don't ever hesitate to reach out to the brothers of Klipsch if you need anything.

Stay thirsty my friend.  :emotion-22:

- Michael

most-interesting-man-240.jpg 

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-08%20at%203.50.5

• Like 27

I got a little teary eyed just reading this Thaddeus.  Thanks for a wonderful write up.  For you, and any other members that may have attended, thank you for representing those of us that could only be there in spirit.  To Boxx and family, I'd like to also echo words of remorse and sadness, but also a welcoming call.  I did not interact with Boxx at large extents, but I often saw his presence.

Alex, Genevieve and Michele (as well as the rest of the family), thank you for all that you've done.

I don't drink, but even I'll raise a glass to who I've heard was an awesome father, a loving husband, and a friend more than anyone could ask for.

This one's for you my friend.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thank You Michael, for your description and everything involved in going, it's not something pleasurable to ask someone to do, but It is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Thank you Dave and the PAW for arranging the flowers so quickly and to everyone who helped with that, Very Nice. 

It's good to know he was the kind of person we all knew, in real life, which was about as good as you could ask for.

• Like 2

Michael.

You represented us all well and we owe you our thanks. The flowers look beautiful and we thank Dave and PAW. I wish we could have all been there, but more than that, I wish we could have all been Boxx's next door neighbor.

Earl

• Like 5

• Moderators

Man, I'm so proud to be a member here.

Thanks for representing us so well, Michael.

I'm proud to be a member here also.

Thank you Michael for sharing your thoughts, as well as your experience with each of us.

Even when I am not present on this forum very little goes on with each of you that Dtel doesn't share with me.  The friendships here are truly meaningful and many of us have become life long friends.   This my why even after nine years I am still drawn to the members of this forum.  Our lives are better for knowing each one of you. 

• Like 4