Boxx's Memorial Service

Thaddeus Smith

Michael,

My father would have been touched to read your write up. I know I was. I enjoyed creating such a thoughtful and meaningful playlist in honor of my Dad. These are the songs that I will always remember my Dad playing- it is so funny how sometimes it's the little things that remind you and shape your memories forever.

My Dad was a unique and genuinely awesome person. I look forward to carrying on his legacy here in the Forum, and by reading and writing about things that will remind me of him. It will certainly help to keep his memory alive. Please message me anytime. I would love to chat with you.

Thanks so much for attending, it meant a lot to me.

-Genevieve

• Like 9

Genevieve, i've been wanting to do this since he passed and i going to do it right now after seeing your post.

put on Funeral for a Friend from my DVD-A of yellow brook road. been using this song since my father in-law passed in 1984   welcome to the forum

Edited by Budman
  • Like 2

Was Boxx’s playlist shown?  I haven’t seen it and I’d love to know what it included (although i’m sure i’ll have all the tunes. I often teased Boxx suggesting that he was using my music library).  

Steve

No, it was simply played via the in-house system. I recognized nearly all of the music, but wanted to be sensitive to the family and not expose every intimate detail of such an event to the big 'ol world wide web. I also only took a picture of the flowers we sent for the purpose of showing everybody what they contributed towards. The rest was simply captured in full HD 20/20 retina quality and stored in my brain. ;)

The rest is up to Alex and Genevieve to share as they see fit.

• Like 1

I think it's awesome that you two have joined us here. I feel like I talked to your father nearly every day for the 5 years he was with us here. He and I both joined in 2009 as I recall. He had so much in common with so many of us here. I sometimes feel we are that group of folks you might see sitting around a heater in an old country store talking about current events.

Michael,

My father would have been touched to read your write up. I know I was. I enjoyed creating such a thoughtful and meaningful playlist in honor of my Dad. These are the songs that I will always remember my Dad playing- it is so funny how sometimes it's the little things that remind you and shape your memories forever.

My Dad was a unique and genuinely awesome person. I look forward to carrying on his legacy here in the Forum, and by reading and writing about things that will remind me of him. It will certainly help to keep his memory alive. Please message me anytime. I would love to chat with you.

Thanks so much for attending, it meant a lot to me.

-Genevieve

Welcome to forum Genevieve. Stop by and hang out with us as much as possible. My condolences to you and your family.

Just awesome Michael, this could not have been put more eloquently and speaks volumes of the man you are. I am so pleased you got to attend Kevin's funeral and meet his family, once again this community is above and beyond reproach. I have to be honest with you as well, you have officially lost your SNARKY touch :rolleyes: 

To Michele, Genevieve and Alexander, by the number of threads and post counts you have seen by now you know we all miss him and grieve with you. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.  

Thanks to all...I only wish I had been on the Forum while my Dad was still here. He would have gotten a kick out of the fact that I finally did it! 

Boxx is still hear on the forum and he is getting a kick out of you taking the plunge.

I am sure he is honored to have you carry on his legacy here on the forum.

Bill

• Like 3

I'm a little late to this topic, but Genevieve I just wanted to express my condolences to you and your family. As many have said your father was a vital part of this community, and he'll be greatly missed. And welcome to the forum, you'll find many characters here, and many more who respected and cherished your dad.

• Like 3