Favorite Jazz Group

eth2

• Moderators

Jazz is America. Jazz is American.  You may as well piss on the flag.  Burn the constitution while you're at it.  Just don't ever post anywhere else about what you think a "true" American is or should be.  Jim Morrison comes to mind once again...you know the quote.

Trying to keep up with Brian is a difficult task, he bobs and weaves.

As for me "I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

In a 1969 article for the jazz magazine, Down Beat, Michael Cuscuna wrote, “In Jim Morrison, I found, to my surprise, a beautiful human being who has been a victim of sensational publicity and harassment by silly journalists.

• Moderators

Well I love jazz, I truly do, along with blues and rock.  If I could only have 10 lps on a island, 8 would be rock, one jazz and one blues (the rock would for sure contain elements of the blues of course, and maybe some jazz).

So in the sprit of naming great groups, I think these guys blow away eth2's jazz quartet:

Well put, Dave. I enjoyed getting to know Jazz when I worked at UNT's radio station in college (KNTU). We played all varieties. You really see where some of the roots of other genre's get their sound from...

I've two degrees from UNT and taught as an adjunct professor in RTVF back in the 80s and 90s.  LOVE the place, and KNTU!  Incredibly good signal. 

Dave

• Like 1

If we're speaking in the last few years, my pick would be the Rippingtons.  If we're speaking current, it'd be Jeff Lorber's Acid Jazz quartet.  If we're speaking of all time, it's gotta be either Miles Davis' Band, or the Ramsey Lewis Trio.  Oscar Peterson's another good one that I tend to enjoy, and lest not forget Stan Getz..........damn, actually that's one hard question to answer...

Well I love jazz, I truly do, along with blues and rock.  If I could only have 10 lps on a island, 8 would be rock, one jazz and one blues (the rock would for sure contain elements of the blues of course, and maybe some jazz).

So in the sprit of naming great groups, I think these guys blow away eth2's jazz quartet:

More performing monkeys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

favorite Jazz, Currently Dave Brubeck but I am frankly new to jazz seems the older i get the more I can tolerate it