Springsteen Set

ZEUS121996

• 2 weeks later...

I do not own any Springsteen.  Heard a funny interview on NPR with his drummer. Says Bruce likes to ad lib a lot during shows and many songs start with the drums.  Occasionally, in mid-set, Bruce will nod or start a count, and he has no idea which song Bruce wants to do.

Edited by BigStewMan

I do not own any Springsteen.  Heard a funny interview on NPR with his drummer. Says Bruce likes to ad lib a lot during shows and many songs start with the drums.  Occasionally, in mid-set, Bruce will nod or start a count, and he has no idea which song Bruce wants to do.

They call them audibles and they occur several times during a show. Overall in the last 37 years, I have seen close to 100 shows. Nowhere near the total of some folks, but you have to give Springsteen credit, he brings it every damn night.

Edited by big bones billy
  • Like 1

There are several notable artist that are much harder to like 1 example Tom Waits , sounds like he swallowed a frog, But I still love some of his music  :D

If you judge Bruce on his vocals alone, yea he isn't Nat King Cole. But his songwriting skills are very impressive. He's a poet, check out some of his older lyrics, like Thunder Road, or anything from Born to Run. He sure puts a lot of effort into his live shows.