What are you bringing in April?

We need to be sure we have at least 2 complete systems for listening to music.  Last year there were 2 distinct camps, both had great tunes.  My KP-301-II's were outside and we had a set of Heresy's inside.  We need speakers, cables, pre's, amps, wires, sources, DAC's etc.  That's the music end.  Then there's the food. Seems that most will be there Fri afternoon and evening, through Sunday morning.  The most glaring omission last year was glasses.  I ended up buying a couple packages of glass glasses from Wal Mart as all the hotel has is Styrofoam.  There was plenty of alcohol and nothing to drink it out of (my gosh, we went through some booze, it was great!) 

OK, whatcha bringing????

I can bring my emotiva dac/preamp and mini-x a-100.

I'll also have your speakers in tow and can bring suitable cables to work with with them (25ft with bare/phono ends). Heck, I can bring my yamaha's too if we're hurting for noise makers.

i can bring my laptop to stream my music library as MP3, or if I can get the motivation and funds I can transfer it all to an external drive for hi-res playback.

do they have wifi at the hotel?

my booze comes in it's own glass.

lots of pipe tobacco.

Do you think hi-res is going to be necessary?  I know it would be nice, but in reality, there's going to be a whole lot of talking, eating, drinking, dancing, smoking, drinking, talking, laughing, crying, meandering around going on.....yes?  Does the  Super 8 have bass traps and treatments installed?

BTW, I have cases of mason jars of all sizes for drinking...my wife and I do a tremendous amount of canning every summer and fall.  It's a "cool retro thing" dudes and dudettes....

Edited by jimjimbo

Do you think hi-res is going to be necessary?  I know it would be nice, but in reality, there's going to be a whole lot of talking, eating, drinking, dancing, smoking, drinking, talking, laughing, crying, meandering around going on.....yes?  Does the  Super 8 have bass traps and treatments installed?

BTW, I have cases of mason jars of all sizes for drinking...my wife and I do a tremendous amount of canning every summer and fall.  It's a "cool retro thing" dudes and dudettes....

As long as the internet connectivity is solid, then no.. I can stream at up to 320kbps mp3 with no issue (transcodes on the fly as it streams). If it's spotty, however, then I would want to bring it along as a local copy in which case it would just so happen to be hi-res.

Do you think hi-res is going to be necessary?

Only for those who care, and I do.  Actually, the listening areas remained quite focused last year most of the time.  What's the point in a gathering of Heritage heads listening to compressed stuff?  If the discussion gets to overriding the music, time for a change of music IMHO.

Dave

• Like 3

Do you think hi-res is going to be necessary?

Only for those who care, and I do.  Actually, the listening areas remained quite focused last year most of the time.  What's the point in a gathering of Heritage heads listening to compressed stuff?  If the discussion gets to overriding the music, time for a change of music IMHO.

Dave

Good enough for me. I'll start sourcing an appropriate drive. for what it's worth, my dac will also accept digial coax, bnc, optical, and analog inputs - so we're not limited to just computer+usb sources.

I'll have a 2TB drive with more stuff than we can ever listen to.  Last year I took a beating for not bringing a TT, a situation I may rectify this year if there are those who want one.  Won't bring my best, but one of them if there is a demand.  Probably a Bellari phono stage to match to someone's preamp.  Any bringing LPs, TTs?

Dave

I'll have a 2TB drive with more stuff than we can ever listen to. 

Oh good, I was beginning to think I was the only one who had a massive collection of digital media. *phew* :)

In related news, I regret to inform the forum that I will not be able to make this meeting, as I have a lecture to give and an acad convention to attend in the St. Louis area during that time.  I will be with you all in spirit, rock hard for me, and someone have an extra drink or twenty!

Oh good, I was beginning to think I was the only one who had a massive collection of digital media. *phew* :)

In related news, I regret to inform the forum that I will not be able to make this meeting, as I have a lecture to give and an acad convention to attend in the St. Louis area during that time.  I will be with you all in spirit, rock hard for me, and someone have an extra drink or twenty!

Stay out of East St Louis!!

Can you be out after dark? Do we need a parental consent form?

Just sayin"

Happy Birthday. :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't be nearly as concerned about E. STL as I would be CenCo and Ferguson at this point.  The conference center is in West County, and my acad residence is in Town and Country - I'll be fine. :P

WHERE ARE YOIUR PRIORITIES! ?

Can you be out after dark? Do we need a parental consent form?

Just sayin"

Happy Birthday. :)

I had my permission slip signed. :D  (And no, I didn't forge it) lol

Thank you sir. :)

WHERE ARE YOIUR PRIORITIES! ?

What are YOU bringing?

HELLO,

YOU HAVE REACHED ETH2. I AM AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD PRESENTLY. PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE....

"Hello eth, it's the Klipsch Forum.  Just wanted to remind you that you're in charge of grocery and alcohol...we need about 500 brats, 300 hamburgers, and 250 ribeyes bone-in.  Also, we need some of the finest wine, the best beer, and you need to pay for it all.  Thanks buddy!"

• Like 1