Recommendation Please

Floydian Trooper

I have Heresy II's as fronts, RC25 center and R15M as back and above surrounds. The entire system is a work in progress, but currently my sub is the most dire to upgrade. I only have a 10" polk currently. I don't want to go to another crap sub, as I do plan on moving my current fronts to surrounds and getting either another set of Heresy's up front, or other large fronts, with a larger center over the course of this year. Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Luther

Edited by Floydian Trooper
  • Like 1

I understand this is a thread about subwoofers, but I can't help but take notice to you using the R-15's as surrounds.  Might I suggest using at least something from the Reference II line, such as RB-61's or RS-42's? (Even 41's)  Your ears will thank you profusely and once the mrs hears them...I don't think you'll have to worry too much about any of the lashings. ;)

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1

I understand this is a thread about subwoofers, but I can't help but take notice to you using the R-15's as surrounds.  Might I suggest using at least something from the Reference II line, such as RB-61's or RS-42's? (Even 41's)  Your ears will thank you profusely and once the mrs hears them...I don't think you'll have to worry too much about any of the lashings. ;)

Yes, I know. The entire system is a work in progress. I am currently working to, especially if some good purchases work out I'm currently messing about with, to possibly go to all Heresy's in my main room for the main 5 channels. It is a work in progress for sure. If it works out, the R15Ms and the RC-25 will go to my son to begin his first Klipsch system. However, I have actually been very pleased with the sound from the R15Ms, even though I know it isn't touching the soundscape we could be producing.

Of course, someone also had to invent this "money" thing that really hampers my style.

Of course, someone also had to invent this "money" thing that really hampers my style.

Trust me buddy, being in this hobby you become a season tickets holder to an annual wallet bleeding. :lol:

Yes, technology and speaker systems are genuinely a never ending cycle of changing and upgrading. However, if the day comes I can just have Klipschorns all around my room and the heresy as my center, I might be content at that point for speakers. The technology side however, I forsee a lifelong bleeding on that end.

For large rooms, don't mess around and start with at least a 15 in. power house.  Ideally the room response will be better with two to four subs but, it may not pass the WAF.  Start with one good sub and try to get a second down the road. Check these vented subs: http://reaction-audio.myshopify.com/collections/subwoofers

The room is to large for a good single seal sub and vented subs are great with music and movies.  I have both. :P

• Like 1

Reaction audio scares me as they've only been around a year or two.  I've seen too many internet direct subwoofer companies go belly up and leave customers hanging.  SVS, HSU, Rhythmik all make good products and aren't going anywhere.

The sub doesn't have to fill the room, just keep up with the mains ;)   The ported SVS would be light years ahead of what he has now.  He could always add another down the road if he wanted to.

• Like 1

They seem to have a growing fan base on the AVS forum.  Epik was a big bust.  A seal sub for extension is questionable unless he will get enough to make it meaningful.  The similar vented sub will have roughly a 10 db advantage from 20Hz and up and  most likely beat a sealed down to 15 Hz.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1