Recommendation Please

Floydian Trooper

Of course, someone also had to invent this "money" thing that really hampers my style.

Trust me buddy, being in this hobby you become a season tickets holder to an annual wallet bleeding. :lol:

My wallet is on life support!

since I began buying vinyl, so is mine....

• Like 3

They seem to have a growing fan base on the AVS forum.

Epik and Elemential Designs did too.  HUGE following with great products at very reasonable prices.  Now they're gone just like driver companies like TC Sounds and Ascendant audio. I'd give a company at least 5 years or so before I felt comfortable recommending their products. 

• Like 1

Of course, someone also had to invent this "money" thing that really hampers my style.

Trust me buddy, being in this hobby you become a season tickets holder to an annual wallet bleeding. :lol:

My wallet is on life support!

since I began buying vinyl, so is mine....

Amen to that my brother!

• Like 1

i’ve been real good for a long while now…no new speakers…now new guitars…there’s my lovely weakness.

• Like 1

i’ve been real good for a long while now…no new speakers…now new guitars…there’s my lovely weakness.

My weakness is really computers, as far as revolving door expenses. Luckily, I can set a goal on a receiver or speakers I want, work to get them, and I'm very content for long periods of time. I just can't do that with computers though. I do a lot of graphic design, video and audio editing as a freelance designer and for my corporate world job. That makes it hard for me to not want the next best and greatest PC every year. Oh well, such is life. :D

• Like 1

My weakness is really computers, as far as revolving door expenses. Luckily, I can set a goal on a receiver or speakers I want, work to get them, and I'm very content for long periods of time. I just can't do that with computers though. I do a lot of graphic design, video and audio editing as a freelance designer and for my corporate world job. That makes it hard for me to not want the next best and greatest PC every year. Oh well, such is life. :D

They don't call it bleeding edge for nothing.  :)

• Like 2

I have reviewed all the subwoofer recommendations thus far. Very nice. Very nice indeed. I don't claim to be a master, obviously, of the technical side of speaker specifications. However, I am surprised, maybe due to a lack of indepth knowledge, that no one recommended just going with the new Klipsch Reference 15. Have they just not managed to reach that top level in bass production and quality yet, at that price level?

At least in my somewhat lack of knowledge, I know what general speaker company to go with. I'm no fool. Technically lacking knowledge in some fields, sure, but no fool. :)

The R-115SW is at the very least a decent sub, but it's not the cream of the crop.  That space is still exclusively reserved for the RSW-10, 10D, 12, and 15 along with the RT models.  For the price of the R-115SW, you can probably find a used RSW somewhere that would destroy it.