R-115SW vs SW-115

Trentster5172

The R-115SW is slightly bigger and gorgeous! The SW-115's are more industrial looking. The performance seems to be similar playing them together. The SW-115's have no visual command presence in my opinion. The R-115SW says, "Look, I'm a 15 inch sub. You can see me through the grill." On looks alone it's a winner. I have another coming later this week. Pretty cool!

post-56362-0-19340000-1421281874_thumb.j

post-56362-0-42980000-1421282321_thumb.j

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 3

That's cool. I don't know why I didn't notice there were two different 115SW's. Personally, I would pay the extra $50 for the one with the copper. It is cooler looking.

I wonder what the differences are in the amps. One is a Bash Digital Hybrid, and the other is All Digital. Does anybody know what this means?

• Like 1

So last night I was listening to some vinyl with my LaScalas and switching back and forth between the two subs.  The R-115SW is a lot more tight and keeps up better with the LaScalas; particularly sounding better and tight at lower volumes of music listening.  Once turned up it sounds pretty similar to the SW-115 and booms like it's suppose to.  The new sub does have a very slight hum when it's on and nothing is playing out of it.  The SW-115 does too, but the new sub is slightly louder,.  As soon as you play something through it, even at very low volumes, you can't hear it.  I like it!  My second R-115SW should be here by the end of next week.  Great upgrade!  The SW-115 is a fantastic sub, but the new R-115SW is a perfect successor with visual and sound improvements!

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 3

that room and equipment is spak tac ular.        looks like that room is 18' wide ?

you didn't sell the splits man them are gorgeous

you have them toed in to far for my liking

your avatar looks like a GE 90 engine

Edited by Budman
  • Like 2

Thanks! I toed them in just to see how the k-horns are going to image. I usually don't have them 45 degrees. I did sell them to a buddy of mine. That way if I want them back someday I can get them- lol. I'll still have them until my Klipschorns arrive.

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 1