R-115SW vs SW-115

Trentster5172

And there you have it folks... Now the rest of ya need to go plop down some coin and buy some R-115sw subs. :D

im always skeptical about Klipsch subs but I'm gonna buy a few to try out soon. If they don't live up to their price point it will probably be another 4 years of bad mouthing them compared to other sub manufactures out there. But I'm keeping my hopes up for now.

Looking forward to your take on how they sound with khorns...

Me too, but my initial impression is they will be great! They are much more spot on with my LaScalas than the SW-115's as far as bass hit is concerned. I had the SW-115's set at 40hz to extend the LaScalas. These seem to have much cleaner and tighter bass so they are currently at 80hz.

Me too, but my initial impression is they will be great! They are much more spot on with my LaScalas than the SW-115's as far as bass hit is concerned. I had the SW-115's set at 40hz to extend the LaScalas. These seem to have much cleaner and tighter bass so they are currently at 80hz.

that is precisely how I have my 115 set... very low @50hz and it works very well.

lets see... dual PB2000's or dual R115's???

Edited by Schu

that is precisely how I have my 115 set... very low @50hz and it works very well.

lets see... dual PB2000's or dual R115's???dual Svs gets my vote.

lets see... dual PB2000's or dual R115's???

I'd take the dual PB2000's

but why you two?

I haven't heard a good Klipsch sub yet. I'm not saying they are that bad but from what I've heard they can't hold their own to an SVS. Also take into account all the perks you get from SVS. Trade up policy, 45 day in home trial, etc...
same reason. Well I've heard a couple descent Klipsch subs. But not any recent models. But I'd still take the Svs Edited by Scrappydue

but why you two?

I haven't heard a good Klipsch sub yet. I'm not saying they are that bad but from what I've heard they can't hold their own to an SVS. Also take into account all the perks you get from SVS. Trade up policy, 45 day in home trial, etc...

A 12" SVS beats a 15" Klipsch.   I didn't think i could get more confused  - but i am...

• Like 1

^^^ They think so, based on past experience; but, have not heard these SWs against each other.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, gentlemen...

Yep Sancho you are correct. I also want to say this is my opinion without actually listening to the new/older 15. Then again after listening to the new 15 I might just change my opinion. Like Sancho said I'm going off of past experiences. I have owned a few of the Klipsch older subs.

• Like 1

but why you two?

For Klipsch actually making a good sub, the RSW-15 was/is an excellent sub. Even though my 18's handle all of my LF needs, it can still preform well in that regard, and sounds amazing with music. I'm actually looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts of the R-115SW, if they're favorable, I might just get one for my two channel setup.
  • Like 1

For Klipsch actually making a good sub, the RSW-15 was/is an excellent sub. Even though my 18's handle all of my LF needs, it can still preform well in that regard, and sounds amazing with music. I'm actually looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts of the R-115SW, if they're favorable, I might just get one for my two channel setup.

I would love to have one or two RSW-15's and be done with it.  But that's not going to happen - that's why I keep asking for opinions.

“As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it.”

Andy Warhol

• Like 1

A 12" SVS beats a 15" Klipsch. I didn't think i could get more confused - but i am...

^^^ They think so, based on past experience; but, have not heard these SWs against each other. Correct me, if I'm wrong, gentlemen...

I think SVS bulids wonderful subwoofers from the entry level models to the flagship models.  Great build quality and peformance at each specific price point.

We all know Klipsch can build some rock solid perfoming subwoofers like the RSW subs.

With that said, let's give the new offerings a chance  while the jury is still out.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1