Vintage 1951 Electro Voice Patrician IV for sale bo

Andrea87

It has an 18" low-bass driver.  The 18" sub-woofer is just now all the rage.  How far ahead of the curve was that design?  A half-century?

After all the posts, the cool pictures, and the catalog with description of the drivers, am I the only one who wants to do a road trip just to listen to this beauty?

Hi MDENEEN. I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure out which speakers and specs are in the cabinet. Do you want to make an offer?

I formerly taught negotiation. What you are asking is for the other party to "anchor." Good work, Andrea. :)

• Like 1

-I have to say that this speaker is very well finished -

the speaker is like a tribute of the quality EV stood for in these years -theElectro Voice Patrician   was a rare item for sure - I would love to have it in my collection but at what price -

-now if you had a pair - I would jump at the opportunity -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

I can't be both a buyer and a seller.

Obviously you have never seen the new reality show, "Flip This Speaker." It is the story of an experienced audiophile, formerly operating his own boutique firm, who buys and sells high end equipment. It stars a dashing, devil may care man in his golden years who travels the world seeking out that "special deal." Subplots include intrigue, brief relationships with the world's most beautiful women, and the occasional argument with online adversaries.

• Like 3

If the Patrician is anything like my Aristocrat or Regency, there is a good possibility that the front panel actually slides off the entire enclosure.    You may have to lay the speaker on it's back, look on the bottom of the front panel, and there may be screws or wooden blocks holding the panel in place.  Those would need to be removed, and the panel would then slide off toward the bottom of the unit.  I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Jimjimbo, i will try that and let you know! Mdeneen, yes it is for sale. But, it is hard to sell when I don't know the components that make it valuable, which is why I need to get into the cabinet. When I first posted this, I had no idea that there were several speaker options. I'm assuming it is the best of the best because Harry Nace would not have ordered anything less for his home. But, I wouldn't want to disappoint the buyer. Nor would I want to take less. The best sale is where it is a win win for everyone. Why are you interested in it? To do this right, I should identify your needs/wants, right? ;-)

I have heard that these units sell for $5k-30k depending on the cabinetry on the outside (EV assembled, which this is, is the best) and the speakers inside (we're assuming ours is top of the line for the year built). It was also owned by Harry Nace, which is a plus. 

Is anything in that range a possibility with you? I know you said price is everything. I want to sell this. But, I certainly don't want to be taken advantage of. 

So, if you need a starting 'for sale' before negotiation price, let's start with $30k + shipping. We can work down from there. Lol