Vintage 1951 Electro Voice Patrician IV for sale bo

Andrea87

My question has been answered.

surplus3.GIF

Mark,

What is missing from your Keynesian analysis is the supply side equation. In your example, producing one cake generates the same gross revenue as producing and selling nine cakes. Further this is an overly simplistic view of economics and widely discredited based on its simplicity. Linear demand functions aside, there are many more factors affecting demand. Further, as you argued (I think)in the cables discussion, increasing the price of some articles (non-commodity) actually increase the demand as the perception of value increases with price. Also factor in the elasticity of demand for the product when describing the demand curve. As an example, if the supply of water was severely curtailed, at some point price would likely not change the demand as it is necessary for life. (Infinitely inelastic demand curve).

In any case, without objective data, setting a rational price for the speaker is impossible. I suggest that anyone really interested in buying the speaker do some research and present the seller with the basis for their offer.

Just sayin'

• Like 2

Ok, seriously now. You have a fantastic piece! I am happy to have looked at the pictures and dreamed about it. Best of luck with the sale!

I second this remark as we all are looking at a speaker that was designed by EV with the original concept that was PWK 's genius -

-it is a beautiful speaker - we wish you a good luck with your sale - possibly the EV forum can help in this regards -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

Still don't know what to sell it for on eBay. I'd hate to have a no reserve, because in any given week, certain buyers may or may not be on there.

Andrea - Sellers that are looking for an item like yours will be notified when one goes up for sale. The top dollar buyers (and also scammers) will likely be out of country, which may complicate matters for you. Still, eBay will generate the largest possible exposure, which in turn should generate the largest possible profit.

If you have a figure that you're willing to sell it for, maybe use that as the reserve. If you're patient, and want the maximum exposure, go for a much longer auction period.

• Like 1

I would like a link to the 30K sale for these as I have never seen a COMPLETED sale for anywhere near that amount.

Ebay has none for sale and none in the completed listings a quick search found PAIRS selling for approx 1/3 of your estimate heres a link to the discussion with 2 pairs stating sold for X

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=430369

Edited by joessportster

I have heard that these units sell for $5k-30k depending on the cabinetry on the outside (EV assembled, which this is, is the best) and the speakers inside (we're assuming ours is top of the line for the year built). It was also owned by Harry Nace, which is a plus. 

Is anything in that range a possibility with you? I know you said price is everything. I want to sell this. But, I certainly don't want to be taken advantage of. 

So, if you need a starting 'for sale' before negotiation price, let's start with $30k + shipping. We can work down from there. Lol

Unfortunately, you heard wrong. I would expect a 1951 Patrician 1 or Patrician 2, which this is, might sell for a pair at $5K tops. A Patrician 800 has the thirty inch woofer, and is an entirely different bird indeed.

Another link for aa sold PAIR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electro-Voice-Patrician-800-Audio-Speakers-Box-Set-Vintage-Pristine-Condition-/201250532389

A single will typically bring less than 1/2 the price for a pair, These links are pointing out HIGH selling prices, not AVERAGE selling prices, you speaker is beautiful and likely above average condition but It is brutally obvious you 30K figure is WAY off base

Still don't know what to sell it for on eBay. I'd hate to have a no reserve, because in any given week, certain buyers may or may not be on there.

Andrea - Sellers that are looking for an item like yours will be notified when one goes up for sale. The top dollar buyers (and also scammers) will likely be out of country, which may complicate matters for you. Still, eBay will generate the largest possible exposure, which in turn should generate the largest possible profit.

If you have a figure that you're willing to sell it for, maybe use that as the reserve. If you're patient, and want the maximum exposure, go for a much longer auction period.

the sky is the limit for the right buyer -with reason- 5 to 30k is not reasonable -

Edited by Randyh

the sky is the limit for the right buyer -

Agreed sky is the limit but OP did ask for information on pricing

the sky is the limit for the right buyer -

Agreed sky is the limit but OP did ask for information on pricing

the OP really wants 30k - why not start at 30k - if it sells , we would all be very  happy -

It sounds like some of these speakers have gone for $30k+. We would love any audiophiles input on history and, perhaps, what we should sell it fo

an exact quote from the OP original query, No where does it state they WANT anything,  The OP did  quote mark at 30K however that seemed to be in jest reading the following posts from the OP

More power to the OP if they can get 30K thats great but It seems way off base and a more accurate answer to the inquiry is the links posted, as they are examples of ACTUALLY SOLD PAIRS .....................

• Like 1

Guys, the sky is not the limit. A Patrician 800 has the "Patrician 800" crossover on the outside of the back right of the enclosure, and it is quite simple to take a photo. The 30 inch Patrician 800 woofer is bolted to the middle of the back panel.  A Patrician 800 did not exist in 1951, in fact here is a review of the Patrician IV from 1956. The 800 followed it by a decade.

http://audioarchives.ecrater.com/p/8981550/electro-voice-patrician-iv-speaker

If Andrea states the speaker is from 1951 and this speaker was on the cover of the magazine, it is a Patrician I or II, does not have a 30 inch woofer, and is not a Patrician 800. If it is a factory assembled Patrician, Andrea can remove the front wood facade rectangle that has the metal grille cloth and the Pisces metalwork, exposing all the drivers except the woofer. The woofer is exposed by removing the square wood panel on the underneath front facade.

If she wants $30K large for a single Patrician, she better get more forthcoming with photos to reach even a tenth of that.

Edited by sheltie dave
  • Like 1