Vintage 1951 Electro Voice Patrician IV for sale bo

Andrea87

Guys, the sky is not the limit. A Patrician 800 has the "Patrician 800" crossover on the outside of the back right of the enclosure, and it is quite simple to take a photo. A Patrician 800 did not exist in 1951, in fact here is a review of the Patrician IV from 1956. The 800 followed it by a decade.

http://audioarchives.ecrater.com/p/8981550/electro-voice-patrician-iv-speaker

If Andrea states the speaker is from 1951 and this speaker was on the cover of the magazine, it is a Patrician I or II, does not have a 30 inch woofer, and is not a Patrician 800. If it is a factory assembled Patrician, Andrea can remove the front wood facade rectangle that has the metal grille cloth and the Pisces metalwork, exposing all the drivers except the woofer. The woofer is exposed by removing the square wood panel on the underneath front facade.

If she wants $30K large for a single Patrician, she better get more forthcoming with photos to reach even a tenth of that.

Dave a fount of knowledge thanks so much, 

Juniper, I have seen no indications of offense taken............It is not my intention to offend I was merely responding to the inquiry with previous sales information, which is exactly what the op asked for

since the op may be wrong about some of there information, and I know nothing about E.V. I will bow out and let those more knowledgeable offer information 

So, if you need a starting 'for sale' before negotiation price, let's start with $30k + shipping. We can work down from there. Lol

I see 30k plus shipping -that is why most of us  have bowed out - a more realistic price may have gathered interest - this is a garage sale after all - less the garage price -

Edited by Randyh

Wow. First of all, this is great information. Thank you to everyone. I have no selling price in mind other than i want a fair price. Certainly part of that is knowing what it is and what the components are. I grew up with these in my house. We moved in on 1967 and just sold it. I was told it was an 800, but apparently it is not. I'm using this to share this amazing speaker and to learn more about it. Mdeneen asked me to pay a starting price. I stated the 30k as a tongue in cheek because he said I have to start somewhere. I will take the front grill and bottom of this coming week and get back to all of you. Again, thank you!

• Like 1

Here is the EV Patrician IV manual - the Patrician series look alike  the speaker we are looking at -

the question that is yet to be answered by 

Andrea87

is whether this is a Patrician 1-2-3-4   -   the OP mentionned that the speaker was installed around 1951 - 66 years ago , so , if the year is exact  that should indicate a series 1 -

www.electrovoice.com/downloadfile.php?i=971513

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

It was very clear that the OP's 30k figure was made in jest and in reaction to not wanting to throw out a price without appropriate information as to the price and the model. She clearly does not know what the speaker is worth and asked our help in determining that range. Some of you have been helpful in that regard.

Where are your senses of humor? Let's not scare off another newbie.   ^_^

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

Preston, while Andrea's asking price may have been in jest, her position that it is a Patrician 800 was represented as a fact, which either is exceptionally misleading, or untruthful. I pointed out it was a Patrician I or II, with it being from 1951, in post #17. If you look at her earlier photos, you can see the outline of the woofer panel through the grille, which means it absolutely cannot be an 800.

While humor is great, it is always best to first understand what is being sold so we can all be confident joking about the same thing. Otherwise, the joke might be at the expense of an unsuspecting buyer who only gets it after doing his due diligence post facto.

Gentlemen , I did appreciate the history that Andrea87  has shared with us as to the origin of the speaker and the family connection of a Lady who until 2 years ago was listening to her EV Patrician - she must have been a true musician at heart -

- I can imagine the fond memories and would I had been the owner - I would have preferred to pass it on to my family as it is entirely plausible to restore it would any parts fail -

-the tweeter diaphragm is available - so are spares -and all the rest of the parts - the crossover caps can be upgraded as well - a speaker such as this can be operative in a few hours or less -

• Like 1

Randy, it is nice that you are playing nice, but please stick to the truth. There are certain diaphragms on the I and II that are no longer available, especially on the I. Some of these crossovers are potted. While you don't ever want to mess with potted, ruining a pot and smelling up your family kitchen with hot tar, you can find a replacement on EBay. I just hope she will be kind enough to post photos of the crossover and the facade with the grille off, so we can end the charade of it being an 800 and deal with what it really is.

The OP is simply  selling a cabinet. So now you guys are suggesting the tweeter diaphragms need to be replaced.

Very few folks will be interest in a 60 year old speaker cabinet. Those who are will be able to figure out which model it is or what photos are required. If they can't then the old adage, let the buyer be ware, certainly is applicable.

PrestonTom, i promise i won't sell it without knowing what i am selling. I will learn and tell prospects everything i can. In addition, i would prefer the buyer to see and even test it out before purchase. I just don't know if that will always be logistically possible. But, anyone is welcome to view it, if they can get here. :-)

Edited by Andrea87

the pictures that were shown are of a Patrician  series 1-2-3-4 that all look alike - coffin style cab - mahogany finish -gold lettering Patrician logo -metal grille cloth - Pisces metalwork, grille -

scratch out the 800 totally - this is not an 800 -A Patrician 800 did not exist in 1951,  the cabinet is totally different looking and much wider by 1.5x the factor -

the OP should give us more pictures to validate which series it is -

as well , the OP mentions that one can inspect the speaker - can someone in  Phoenix Arizona  get in touch with the OP and do just that -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

Thanks Randy! If someone local could help, that would be wonderful. Also, 1951 is an estimate. The house addition was drawn on blueprint in late '49. I believe the addition was actually built in '51. We didn't buy the house from the Nace's until 1967. So, it could be newer or older.