NFL Fans? Who you got?

Floydian Trooper

NFL Games  

22 members have voted

1. 1. NFC Winner

2. 2. AFC Winner

yep, Packers, Colts would at least make the Super Blow worth watching. I hate the Patriots also, don't know why--- oh yea I think it is because they were caught cheating and there was no penalty for it or it could be there un sportsmen like attitude when they lose. This is not the how people whom our young people look up to should behave. Just disgusting IMO. Remember Gentlemen it is after all just a game.

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

I was just a lad visiting my best friend when I watched the immaculate reception game with his dad.  My friend wasn't interested in the game so he wasn't there.  In disbelief on the final play I witnessed disaster.  All because Tatum didn't listen to Madden and just had to go for the hit.  The dad made a remark how he was glad and it was somehow just desserts.  Too stunned to respond, and respecting his authority, I did not argue.  It was at that moment that I realized that it wasn't just the AFL teams who hated the Raiders.  This was in cowboy country.   I expected as much from the AFL west and east who made the playoffs.  Al Davis shook up the league and was never forgiven for it, despite his lasting impact which has only strengthened it.

• Like 1

Not at this level.  It is a business.

OK I get there is a lot of money and people's livelihood's at stake. But it is just a game. Un sportsmen like conduct especially at this level where people are looking up to you as an example of how to behave is just uncalled for IMHO.

where people are looking up to you as an example of how to behave is just uncalled for IMHO

I agree but disagree that anyone should look up to them as an example.

Oh yea I'm not saying anyone SHOULD look up to sports stars as an example but the fact is they do. Especially young aspiring athletes.

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 15 Jan 2015 - 3:09 PM, said:

Most NFL players behave and do what they are supposed to do. I think JJ Watt for example, is a fine role model. Ray Rice, not so much.

Have you seen the videos of JJ Watt before games, he throws the ball back and forth with all the kids, all the way down the sidelines, it's pretty impressive watching how much the kids enjoy this.

Many players have charities they work with but for some it only because it's encouraged by teams and the league., others get really involved and really make an effort.

To me there paid to play football, but along with that for that level of pay and fame they should have some morals and responsibility to at least somewhat set an example for kids considering there put on a pedestal with coverage by the NFL, and fans.

Don't even get me started about how some can barely speak intelligently enough to answer a question, and most came to the NFL from college ! :o

Most NFL players behave and do what they are supposed to do. I think JJ Watt for example, is a fine role model. Ray Rice, not so much.

He's one of my favorite players. I saw a news episode about all he does for the kids at Halloween. He dresses up and plays with the kids all night…very cool guy, and one terrific football player.

And of course the tuck rule incident.

Never forget!!!!!!!!

You hear Ray Lewis today?  He was very vocal that without the Tuck Rule, we don’t even know who Tom Brady is.  He was going off on the tuck rule--“if you have the ball and i knock it out your hands…it’s a fumble."

I hope Indy defeats NE and I simply can't root for the Packers, as I am a Bears fan.  You can't go both ways like some soft Bear fans.  Sorry, I respect Rogers, but no, the Seahawks will conquer.  The Seahawks fan base is unbelievable...loud and totally in to it.  Have you ever seen so many painted faces?  Loud, crazy fans.  Any team to upset the Seahawks on their turf deserves to go to the Super Bowl.