NFL Fans? Who you got?

Floydian Trooper

NFL Games  

22 members have voted

1. 1. NFC Winner

2. 2. AFC Winner

He's a TE, he should have good hands, and control the ball.

You never want the guys in front try to catch the ball.  There's too much room for error.  Each person on the receiving team should have someone to block, that allows the person behind him to field the ball.  If he fumbles, there shouldn't be someone on him immediately if everyone makes their assigned blocks.

I disagree. When a team knows their opponent is going to try an onside kick, they put in their "hands team". Players that have better hands for the ball, usually offensive players like TEs and receivers. I would want my guy trying to catch the ball instead of trying to block the other team.

I would want my guy trying to catch the ball instead of trying to block the other team.

That's not how they practice it though.  You saw what happens when your scenario played out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/brandon-bostick-was-just-supposed-to-block-on-onside-kick/

My scenario would've been to place players with good hands on the line, not blockers like Bostic, even though he is a TE. I'll bet he fells like crap today.

Seahawks baby!!  Hopefully the NFL will pressure check the footballs from the Patriots side before putting them into play....Another Belichick scandal....I'm calling it InflateGate!!  He may set records for most SB wins, most conference championship wins, etc, etc, but I still think he's a slimeball.

Seahawks baby!!  Hopefully the NFL will pressure check the footballs from the Patriots side before putting them into play....Another Belichick scandal....I'm calling it InflateGate!!  He may set records for most SB wins, most conference championship wins, etc, etc, but I still think he's a slimeball.

I have to agree, this is what like the 5th-6th scandal. They haven't won a SB since Spygate!

I like the city, Celtics fan, Redsox fan, but can't stand the Patriots.

• Like 1

He's a TE, he should have good hands, and control the ball.

You never want the guys in front try to catch the ball.  There's too much room for error.  Each person on the receiving team should have someone to block, that allows the person behind him to field the ball.  If he fumbles, there shouldn't be someone on him immediately if everyone makes their assigned blocks.

To you and Ceptorman:

First, agreed. He should have blocked. That is his role.

Bostick isn't a "catching" TE, he is a blocking TE, for one. Also, in his interview after the game he admitted he knew he was supposed to let Jordy, the best hands on the team, make the catch and block for him. He was playing superhero, and GB should NOT offer a new contract after this year. Should not. Period. That is just ignorant and a blatant disregard for the Special Teams Coach and the rest of his team.

Sure, we can mention the dropped pass on 3rd and 4, we can talk about the blown coverage on the fake field goal, we can talk about the blown coverage on the 2pt conversion and we can talk about the blown coverage on the final play of the game. However, all of those things can happen at any time to any player in the NFL. They are true mistakes. Bostick jumping up in front of THE BEST hands on the team when you know that is NOT what you are supposed to do is anything but a mistake. It is blatant disregard for the team and the coaches, and I don't think the fans will ever forgive or forget this one. Never. I don't know if GB will give him a chance for next year or not, but honestly, I hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen a Superbowl thread out here, & maybe a tad late to start one.  Glad the Seahawks knocked the Packers out, but go Patriots in the SB!  I like Russel Wilson, but others on Seattle are wayyyy too arrogant for me.  Who cares about deflate gate.  Go Brady & the Pats!  Here's hoping for a good competitive game with great officiating.   :wacko2:    :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-22:

I have the officials

as long as they dont mess it up again  - they sure tried to play the Patriots as a weak team - let see who comes out ahead -

the Seahwaks 2013 -

the Patriots 2001-2003-2004 -

'Seven-figure' bet placed on Patriots, Vegas could lose if New England wins   http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25013314/seven-figure-bet-placed-on-patriots-vegas-could-lose-if-new-england-wins

Edited by Randyh