Message from BOXX in Heaven

eth2

Thanks for the welcome, everyone... Yeah, Gen is right.. I can get a bit sarcastic. She knows me, we have done some theater together. I do know a bit about music, I Dj'd a small rock station  in the Midwest a millennium ago! I was born in the 50's and grew up on Rock and Roll. I do enjoy other forms of music. I like what I see here,and plan to stick around. I doubt if I will wear a tie.. Sometimes I might wear nothing...

What, where and when (besides April) is Hope?

Thanks for letting me in! 

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, everyone... Yeah, Gen is right.. I can get a bit sarcastic. She knows me, we have done some theater together. I do know a bit about music, I Dj'd a small rock station  in the Midwest a millennium ago! I was born in the 50's and grew up on Rock and Roll. I do enjoy other forms of music. I like what I see here,and plan to stick around. I doubt if I will wear a tie.. Sometimes I might wear nothing...

Mike

Oh man, will you ever fit in!! Hope is Hope, Arkansas, the birthplace of Klipsch speakers. I'm an old rock 'n roller from the '50s too. Listen to it, play it, love it. Other genres as well. Welcome. As Boxx would say, post often.

• Like 2

Hope is a small town in Arkansas where the Klipsch factory is. There is a gathering there April 10,11th. Many members here are getting together to show our appreciation to the workers there by providing them with lunch on Friday, and hoping for a tour of the factory. The weekend festivities include displays of Klipsch speakers and equipment many members will bring, and a few folks might be partying! 

• Like 2

Mike

Welcome.........  people resonate better when nekked IMHO.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have been bummed out this week getting back in town on Saturday and reading about Boxx on Sunday. On Tuesday, trying to get past it, I unhooked the McIntosh SS amp and pre, hooked up the ARC tubes and AND HOOKED UP THE OLD B&O 4002, everything worked, wonder how that happened. Been spinning vinyl since Tuesday, sounds good. No enhanced bass, just a full sound you can

let yourself fall into. Out doing errands a couple of mornings ago, saw the (most interesting) beer ad on a bar wall, well at least I started out the trip doing errands, thought of Boxx and all his steady effort and knowledge.

• Like 2

Glad to have you, Blackwolf58. Come to Hope, if you can, but PM Dave and make a reservation at the Super 8 as soon as you know you'll be there.  Many of us here are 50s babies brought up on early rock. Some of us are old enough not to party naked, though (Well, not in public :D).

• 4 weeks later...

I have been bummed out this week getting back in town on Saturday and reading about Boxx on Sunday. On Tuesday, trying to get past it, I unhooked the McIntosh SS amp and pre, hooked up the ARC tubes and AND HOOKED UP THE OLD B&O 4002, everything worked, wonder how that happened. Been spinning vinyl since Tuesday, sounds good. No enhanced bass, just a full sound you can

let yourself fall into. Out doing errands a couple of mornings ago, saw the (most interesting) beer ad on a bar wall, well at least I started out the trip doing errands, thought of Boxx and all his steady effort and knowledge.

Welcome to the forum. I've met several folks here...........great people. Sounds like you would fit in nicely.