EARL: Hope Klipsch Employee Appreciation Days, Apirl 10, 11, 12

Things have been slowly getting worse here at Casa Verano regarding my wife's 92 year old mother who lives with us under our care. As a result, I will be unable to attend the festivities in Hope this year.

Y'all have some fun, OK?

Until next time,

P.M.

So sorry to hear that PM.  Prayers that things improve.  I was hoping to go but between jobs so it just isn't going to happen this year.

Its at 50 people now!! then some employees and who knows who i may find on the way down there :lol:

NE Indiana?  I live in Kokotucky, uh Kokomo... Too late for this year, between gigs, Wife and daughters doin' the Vera Bradley closeout thing at the Allen County Warr Memorial Coluseum Saturday, I'll be bonding with future son in law, hitting thrift stores and pawn shops looking for big honkin' speakers, guns, artillary, and other manly things.  So where you at?  FT Wayne area, Angola?  Auburn?  

Have a safe trip and a GREAT time.

Ben

The hospitality at the plant today was incredible and reminded me of when Paul did these personally so many decades ago.  His spirit was there with us and you almost expected to see him come around the corner.  I genuflected in front of the newest finished Klipschorns off the line and bowed to the lady who assembled them.  Most of the 30 or so who went through the plant appeared to do so about 12 inches off the floor without their feet moving.  The time in the listening room A/B/C switching "Hotel California" between Palladiums, RF-7s, and Klipshorns left all feeling these are all the best loudspeakers in the world...but the Klipschorn remains the king and father of them all. 

The employees were very appreciative.  Lots of pix made and, I am sure, will be posted.  Chad made a lot of "official" pix for the Klipsch FB and Tweet pages. 

Ribs are smoking and potato salad being made at the moment for tonight and the smell is awesome.  Expecting the first system setup in an hour or so. 

The party is barely started...

Oh...Ron and I saw a mated pair of Bald Eagles sitting in a tree near the club house this morning.  I've seen a lot of great wildlife before, but this was an awesome first.

Dave

• Like 2

VRDs, NOSValves NBS, Rotel3000/SME arm, DBX 3BX cranking Jimi Hendrix through Cornwalls.  We are UNDERWAY!

Dave

Where exactly, are you cranking those Cornwalls?

I mean, you're not out in the middle of the street, pizzing off the neighbors, are you?  B)

+++

Edit:  Nevermind, I just found your gathering, someone posted a picture online.  :)

Klipsch_Music_Center_crowd_shot_63507853

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Bud, few would appreciate how far out in the swamps of SW Arkansas we are.  The Boggy Creek Monster is a frequent visitor.   About an hour ago the shotguns came out to run off a dog that was bothering Hobo, the boss dog of this place.

I just rec'd a PWK whiskey glass, promptly filled with 150 proof local moonshine. 

And we AIN'T EVEN STARTED.

Dave

Genevieve Croft topped all the men in the place by eating one of twistedcrankcammer's scorpion red peppers chased with Arkansas moonshine. There IS a picture I am told will be posted.  She's already been awarded "biggest balls of the group."

Dave

• Like 1

Genevieve Croft topped all the men in the place by eating one of twistedcrankcammer's scorpion red peppers chased with Arkansas moonshine. There IS a picture I am told will be posted.  She's already been awarded "biggest balls of the group."

Dave

giphy.gif

Been out listening to KP600 stacks driven by Crown amps.  This is one of the few places one could drive these things to the 140db or whatever we are getting (they are outside) and not create a panic.

The sound cannot be described.  We are going to hook up a TT to them tomorrow so we can play the Virgil Fox DD LP of the Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on them tomorrow. 

Dave

• Like 1

Been out listening to KP600 stacks driven by Crown amps. 

one could drive these things to the 140db or whatever we are getting (they are outside) and not create a panic.

The sound cannot be described.  We are going to hook up a TT to them tomorrow

so we can play the Virgil Fox DD LP of the Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on them tomorrow. 

Wow!  :o

You'll be knocking birds out of the air!

Edited by wvu80