EARL: Hope Klipsch Employee Appreciation Days, Apirl 10, 11, 12

Welcome to the forum, Mangofirst! This is a great community, and you'll love it here. We had a blast at Rodney's, and look forward to maintaining the relationship. Members got some really good South Arkansas hospitality, and since I'm from El Dorado, I was especially happy about that. See you next time, and look forward to your input here.

SSH

• Like 3

I'm actually an English, speech, and drama teacher. That doesn't diminish the fact that I love music though. I use it in my lessons as often as possible. :-)

Roger, Roger. The bio and the stories on The Joint seem like a great place to start. I may just have to do some personal research as well. I asked my students in each class when I got back Tuesday how many of them had a relative or knew someone who worked at Klipsch. Around 30% of each class I polled.

I even geeked out on the chemistry/physics and agriculture teachers Tuesday. Told the chem/physics guy he should work out a field trip to the plant so his kids could see the practicality of physics (and the what? 3-5 other branches of science?) at work there. Sadly, sometimes we teachers don't have enough time to use all the resources that are right at our fingertips.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm actually an English, speech, and drama teacher. That doesn't diminish the fact that I love music though. I use it in my lessons as often as possible. :-)

Roger, Roger. The bio and the stories on The Joint seem like a great place to start. I may just have to do some personal research as well. I asked my students in each class when I got back Tuesday how many of them had a relative or knew someone who worked at Klipsch. Around 30% of each class I polled.

I even geeked out on the chemistry/physics and agriculture teachers Tuesday. Told the chem/physics guy he should work out a field trip to the plant so his kids could see the practicality of physics (and the what? 3-5 other branches of science?) at work there. Sadly, sometimes we teachers don't have enough time to use all the resources that are right at our fingertips.

This is certainly an excellent idea.  I would love to see younger kids involved with Klipsch.  This may the perfect opportunity to bring new life to the plant in your area!

• Like 3

I'm actually an English, speech, and drama teacher
You just moved up on the coolness meter.  English is my favorite subject; but, don’t judge me based on my posts -- one doesn’t have to try hard around here.  Now, please tell me that you teach your students to speak in a British accent.
  • Like 2

This is certainly an excellent idea.  I would love to see younger kids involved with Klipsch.  This may the perfect opportunity to bring new life to the plant in your area!

help me figure out how to incorporate Klipsch into an English unit and it will happen. I've been brainstorming general ways to get them engaged in different careers. Maybe I could schedule a certain guest speaker for the classroom? *cough* Chief Bonehead *cough*

You just moved up on the coolness meter.  English is my favorite subject; but, don’t judge me based on my posts -- one doesn’t have to try hard around here.  Now, please tell me that you teach your students to speak in a British accent.
I am wary of every single post I make here with a resident writer like Mallette around. And one of my kids tried to use a British accent when he performed his monologue today...smh
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Mangofirst! This is a great community, and you'll love it here. We had a blast at Rodney's, and look forward to maintaining the relationship. Members got some really good South Arkansas hospitality, and since I'm from El Dorado, I was especially happy about that. See you next time, and look forward to your input here.

SSH

Are you the soon to retire English teacher? If not, who is he? Also, who was the tall brunette lady I coaxed into singing karaoke?
  • Like 1

help me figure out how to incorporate Klipsch into an English unit and it will happen.

Extra credit question worth two points: (asked aloud)  "Spell Klipsch and define the word."

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

This is Brie.

Brie!!!! Good to have you here! I had a blast hanging out with you last weekend and I hope to do it again, soon! 

Don't worry, I'm also an Uber N00b. Last year, I brought my cousin, Otis, to the gathering because it had always been a dream of his....i Knew nothing, know just slightly more this year. These guys are wonderful, I've never felt like I had on the dunce cap. Otis has had his K- horns over 30 years and owns at least 1 set of every Heritage type except the Belles, so hes a fountain of information too.

Welcome!

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees

Yes, I was there both nights but I got there late both nights as well. The Harmons + Lonnie are a pretty nifty bunch of dudes. I truly enjoyed the company of (almost) everyone I met and may actually now have a bit of a Klipsch addiction...obsession...lets go with passion. Because when you're passionate about something you want to know everything you possibly can about it, right? I needs me a PWK biography. Guess the stories from the people around here will do for now. Talking to my students, I found out one of them's grandmother was allegedly his secretary. There's just so much history and "I've only just begun."

Anyway, even though I'm an über n00b, when I figured out who Roy was I immediately told him I wanted to pick his brain. Course, I didn't really know what size pick to use.

Kevin: Rodney has been telling that neighbor story all week! We definitely need a motto addendum for that one. Can't wait to show him the blog post mentioning it.

BigStew: probably "Blue Bayou"

a pick would not help.  more like a rail road spike...... :)

are you the chick that was singing karaoke?

Edited by Chief bonehead

• Klipsch Employees

help me figure out how to incorporate Klipsch into an English unit and it will happen. I've been brainstorming general ways to get them engaged in different careers. Maybe I could schedule a certain guest speaker for the classroom? *cough* Chief Bonehead *cough*

I am wary of every single post I make here with a resident writer like Mallette around. And one of my kids tried to use a British accent when he performed his monologue today...smh

before you get whooping cough, all you have to do is ask.  yesterday i had an acoustic class from henderson come to the lab and talk about speakers.  so pick dates and i will see if i will be in town.  that all you have to do chickie.

• Like 2

Yes, I was there both nights but I got there late both nights as well. The Harmons + Lonnie are a pretty nifty bunch of dudes. I truly enjoyed the company of (almost) everyone I met and may actually now have a bit of a Klipsch addiction...obsession...lets go with passion. Because when you're passionate about something you want to know everything you possibly can about it, right? I needs me a PWK biography. Guess the stories from the people around here will do for now. Talking to my students, I found out one of them's grandmother was allegedly his secretary. There's just so much history and "I've only just begun."

Anyway, even though I'm an über n00b, when I figured out who Roy was I immediately told him I wanted to pick his brain. Course, I didn't really know what size pick to use.

Kevin: Rodney has been telling that neighbor story all week! We definitely need a motto addendum for that one. Can't wait to show him the blog post mentioning it.

a pick would not help. more like a rail road spike...... :)

Yeppers that's me :-)

This is certainly an excellent idea. I would love to see younger kids involved with Klipsch. This may the perfect opportunity to bring new life to the plant in your area!

You just moved up on the coolness meter. English is my favorite subject; but, don’t judge me based on my posts -- one doesn’t have to try hard around here. Now, please tell me that you teach your students to speak in a British accent.

before you get whooping cough, all you have to do is ask. yesterday i had an acoustic class from henderson come to the lab and talk about speakers. so pick dates and i will see if i will be in town. that all you have to do chickie.
Awesome and will do xoxo Edited by mangofirst

Brie, I am extremely humbled by this as I find my communication skills to be quite poor and I am in constant fear of miscommunication.  Tthe fact is that the only things I can write about are things that are part of my soul.  As to you, I need to express that as a schoolboy in Texarkana we had a sense of pride in being just ahead of Mississippi in education.  It has been over my lifetime that I realized that the the teachers I had were the best anywhere and that it isn't about money.  The way schools are ranked is so bogus as to be meaningless.  Our buildings were falling apart but our teachers were the best and most dedicated the world has to offer. 

I have the distinct feeling you are one of those.  God bless you and your work!

Dave

• Like 4

• Klipsch Employees

a pick would not help. more like a rail road spike...... :)

Yeppers that's me :-)

This is certainly an excellent idea. I would love to see younger kids involved with Klipsch. This may the perfect opportunity to bring new life to the plant in your area!

You just moved up on the coolness meter. English is my favorite subject; but, don’t judge me based on my posts -- one doesn’t have to try hard around here. Now, please tell me that you teach your students to speak in a British accent.
before you get whooping cough, all you have to do is ask. yesterday i had an acoustic class from henderson come to the lab and talk about speakers. so pick dates and i will see if i will be in town. that all you have to do chickie.
Awesome and will do xoxo

Hey hey. Watch the tongue!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know whether to post this here or in the pictures thread.  I picked here, so  :P if I'm wrong...Kevin mentioned posting a map image to show y'all the distance to Rodney's neighbor who heard "Thriller" at 5am.  He's busy drilling people's teeth, so here ya go.  I'll post a topo version shortly.

post-61120-0-05140000-1430667188_thumb.p

• Like 2