PLANT TOUR IS ON!

Mallette

Forum members:

I have it on good authority that plant tours WILL be available in groups of 6-8 Friday after lunch at the gathering.

April 10th, the forum is showing our appreciation for Klipsch employees by treating them to a BBQ lunch at the Klipsch factory in Hope, AR. You can attend for $20.00. We may be allowed to tour the plant, but there is no quid pro quo.

Do you own Heritage?  Do you hope to?  The little original plant in Hope has been the home of a great of loyal craftsmen for many decades through difficult and uncertain times.  There have been times they felt pretty isolated and forgotten.  We want them to know we really appreciate their efforts to preserve the legacy of Paul Wilbur Klipsch. 

If you are not attending, but are willing to share in showing your appreciation for those who build the speakers we enjoy, please send a donation to PayPal account steveshofner@hotmail.com and include your forum name and the notation "Donation".

Attendees for the Employee Appreciation weekend (4/10-4/12) who are not having lunch are asked to pay $10.00. Please send it ASAP to PayPal account steveshofner@hotmail.com and include your forum name and the notation "Attending, but No lunch".

If you are not attending, but are willing to share in showing your appreciation for those who build the speakers we enjoy, please send a donation to PayPal account steveshofner@hotmail.com and include your forum name and the notation "Donation".

SSH is responsible for paying the caterer, and he doesn't want to write a large check from a small PayPal account.

Over 40 are now signed up!  

This will be presented in honor of Boxx due to a generous donation from his family, supplemented by Forum members.  Later, we will adjourn to a wonderful location about 15 miles from the Motel 8 in Bodcaw, AR at a farm belonging to a good friend of Trey Cannon, Rodney Newton.  Rodney has a club house there with an 80' bar and lots of room.  If you prefer crashing on site, bring a sleeping bag.  There is bathroom with showers on site.  There will be carpooling and a van with designated drivers to get folks back to Hope.  This will be the location both Friday and Saturday night. 

NO WORRIES ABOUT HOW LOUD IT IS! 

A new sub forum has been created called "Hope Gathering" visible only to those who've signed up. If you THINK you may want to go and wish to know the news as it happens...and a LOT is happening to this growing event...sign up as "tentative."   The reason this is kept hidden is that phone numbers and other information is being exchanged that attendees don't want to be made public.

WARNING:  We've been informed there is a Civil War Enactment at old Washington nearby and the motel may fill up for the weekend.  There isn't much available in Hope, but Texarkana has plenty and is only 30 minutes away.

• PM Mallette as "confirmed" or "tentative" to get access to the gathering sub-Forum where much is being discussed and decided.

Be there or be square!

List of attendees as of 13March:

jimjimbo
auntbea/otis
lonelobo
mallette (the PAW/Kecia, Thomas)
thaddeus smith
cecaa850
ssh
dtel/dtel's wife
Daddy Dee
Arkytype (Paula)
USNRET
WPS
pmsummer
rivervalleymgb (Judy)
ceptorman
rockhound

drwho (tentative)
twistedcrankhammer
m39aman

audiodad
maccagirl83, husband, & Mrs. Boxx (Croft)
Seadog
eth2
akdave (tentative)

buddy

kharmondds

blsamuel (tentative)

tony reed

jwc (tentative)

rdmarsiii

kriton (tentative)

jmon (tentative)

me loves Klipschorns and son

beacon19

post-7390-0-60420000-1422399558_thumb.jp

post-7390-0-51940000-1422399572_thumb.jp

post-7390-0-36780000-1422399618_thumb.pn

post-7390-0-85580000-1422400054_thumb.pn

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lunch will begin to be served @ 11:30.

We need a few volunteers to get there earlier and help us set up and serve. It looks like we may have 100 to serve for lunch.

SSH

I can be there whenever. I will be departing my Mom's that morning which is about 1.7 hours away. Note to self: check with motel to see if early check-in would be possible that morning.

We need a few volunteers to get there earlier and help us set up and serve. It looks like we may have 100 to serve for lunch.

SSH

I can be there whenever. I will be departing my Mom's that morning which is about 1.7 hours away. Note to self: check with motel to see if early check-in would be possible that morning.

yes, indeed. I pretty much assumed I would just be checking in after lunch/tour.

SSH

I am sure the BBQ will be great - I am drooling just thinking about it - bet you jimjimbo will be happy to be there

I am sure the BBQ will be great - I am drooling just thinking about it - bet you jimjimbo will be happy to be there

It's quite good.  Not top of the line by Texas standards, but good and the price is right.  They are local folks and been around a while.  Unless you are a pitmaster or BBQ Nazi you will enjoy.

Dave

Look at all of those Texas people going, amazing.

It is impressive for those Klipschites to travel all the way from Texas, but did you see AKDave on the "tentative" list?

That would be Dave.  From Alaska:o

• Like 1