Epik Empire

Montego

Right. Amps go bad. I have one I have to buy a Bash amp for. If I were an electronics guru, I would have repaired it, but the heat damage they are prone to cascades through the amp. I would avoid it unless you can get it for about $200, then you can afford to put another amp in it or power it with an external pro amp. Even then, $200 might be too much.

• Like 1

I don't know, both of mine have been perfect all these years with no amp issues. Even if I had an amp failure I would just buy a new plate amp or something. These subs are killer IMO and were easily the best bang for the buck when they were being sold. 

• Like 1

$600 is high. I had one and sent it back; in my room, which is large (4500 cu.ft), it didn't have the impact I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, it sounded great. But, I would have needed at least 1 more, maybe 2, to have the impact I was wanting. My THT does it easily. Two totally different beasts though. Good luck.

• Like 1

They are good subs except for the amp problem that affected mostly the Legend subs, which I had.  For a 4500 cu ft space, a sealed sub is not the best choice, lol.

One alone is definatly not. I'm guessing I would need at least 4 18's to pressurize my room. That was origianlly my plan, until I came across the THT. I still want to build the 18's though, as I know I'm missing a lot.

My room is only 2000 cu ft but khorns are in front.  I looking for one or two subs that will blend with them.

2000 for the Empire would be just right. Two in that room would sound awesome. How about DIY or AIY?

Edited by Rowan611

I haven't owned one, but I wouldn't think of buying one used unless the budget you have figures in the cost of an external amp once the plate amp dies.  Working or not I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one.

Read the last few pages of the 20,000 post Epik Thread on AVS.  Those people are mad for all those amps going out and the owner did not warranty them.  The well known amp failure is what drove Epik out of business.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/885079-official-epik-subwoofer-thread.html