Heresy 1.5 or II vs. Heresy I sound

JohnA

I have never listened to HIIs or H1.5s.  I have an H700 plus 3 HIs in my HT system with modified crossovers to match my La Scalas better. 

How do the HIIs and H1.5s sound compared to the H1s?  What are the differences?  I'd imagine the flush mounted horns have to be some better. 

The only difference in the Heresy 1.5 is the K-701 composite horn and the K-53-K midrange driver.  This required Klipsch to modify the crossover network some to accomodate the newer midrange.  The HII is totally different.  K-24-K woofer, K-53-K midrange and a much better tweeter the K-76-K.  While the overall frequency response is similar I would consider the HII to be much smoother overall.  The HII is a bit more polished.

Hard to put it in words I guess you would have to let your ears be the judge.  

I have no comment on the HIII's as I have not heard a pair I would imagine that Klipsch further refined the design.

John,

What crossovers are you using in your LS? If you have adjusted your LS to bring the mids down and balance everything a bit better, you might like the HIIs. They are smoother, so they might match ok.

I still have the stock crossovers in my HIIs... I could bring them by to let you tryout...

Bruce