Your Favorite Acoustic Music ?

joessportster

Dennie, right on with Cooder.  He's done some awesome discs both musically and technically.  "Jazz" is one of my favorites in all regards.

Dave

Thanks for the reminder Dave, I'll have to pull that one out and give it a spin.

ef35b2c008a0d8ec71bb7010.L.jpg

It was one of Boxx's favorites. 

Dennie   drinkingcheers.gif

If you like latin music, Chamín Correa is one of Mexico's great guitarists and he has a series of CDs called "Cuerdas, amor y guitarra." Here's a sampling of a bolero popurri from Vol. 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8jyVnlp7E. A copy of the CD is a must to get full enjoyment. The strings are just great on all of his CDs.

Antonio de Lucena also does some good guitar work.

Spanish Guitar (Manuel Granada) is also good.

Beck Sea Change although not exactly acoustic it ROCKS

My Morning Jacket, Acoustic Citsuoca  another of my favorites, Tennessee Fire also has some great Acoustic like "By My Car"

Jim James from My Morning Jacket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvyB-kAfIt4

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 1

Beck Sea Change although not exactly acoustic it ROCKS

My Morning Jacket, Acoustic Citsuoca  another of my favorites, Tennessee Fire also has some great Acoustic like "By My Car"

Jim James from My Morning Jacket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvyB-kAfIt4

Beck is one of my favorite artist, he likes to shake things up.

Thank Everybody for the suggestions I really feel like this could make for a great resource when someone wants to hear some new Acoustic

Abdullah Ibriham,  Sotho Blue......................Excellent, again credit this to Justin :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Jackson Brown, Solo Acoustic, Volumes 1 & 2 are OUTSTANDING (I like volume 1 best, volume 2 he gets a tad political between tracks and I frankly could care less what musicians or actors think about politics. IMHO they have a distorted view of the real world) :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Calexico, Lay in the Reins (superb) :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Thank Everybody for the suggestions I really feel like this could make for a great resource when someone wants to hear some new Acoustic

Abdullah Ibriham,  Sotho Blue......................Excellent, again credit this to Justin :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Jackson Brown, Solo Acoustic, Volumes 1 & 2 are OUTSTANDING (I like volume 1 best, volume 2 he gets a tad political between tracks and I frankly could care less what musicians or actors think about politics. IMHO they have a distorted view of the real world) :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

I completely agree.  I listened to Jackson Browne Solo Acoustic Vol. 1 & 2 once and heard the "Political" comments and was completely turned off by them.  I'm not sure I will ever listen to it again.    Thanks for mentioning that!

Dennie

It was one of Boxx's favorites.

How many times did I engage Boxx here and come away thinking "Ovilla isn't that far...need to spend some time with this guy."  Here's yet another reason I regret not acting on it.

Dave

I had plans to be in Tomball, TX this past summer to visit my Father-in-law and was going to stop in to see Boxx.   My Mother-in-law was diagnosed with Cancer, so I spent the summer going back and forth to Medford, OR instead.  I mentioned to Boxx I would see him next summer.  Dam it! 

Dennie

I completely agree.  I listened to Jackson Browne Solo Acoustic Vol. 1 & 2 once and heard the "Political" comments and was completely turned off by them.  I'm not sure I will ever listen to it again.    Thanks for mentioning that!

Dennie

Volume 1 does not have much in the way of political comment if anything.......................and he really does interact with the audience, interjects a little humor as well, I find volume 1 to be his best work

Setting here listening to Leonard Bernstein, Ravel Bolero......................ITS GREAT (never thought I would say that 10 years ago  :D ) funny how our tastes change with age