Oppo 103....I stand corrected

AaronH

ok, I ordered this player and had my friend come over to A/B this player blinded, vs my Sony s5100. I watched 10 mins of 3 different movies, then he did also. Weird that we both picked the oppo for all 3 movies. Being a computer gamer, maybe that was the reason I picked the oppo because I'm used to anti alising and the filtering capabilities of a high end video card. The images looked sharper and more fluid. I was against the hype of the oppo, but I am man enough to say I was wrong. Build quality is also what people have described. Flame away however, that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

I have & recommend the same OPPO BDP-103. Congrats on landing a great piece of new gear! I've always been curious about the Darbee Edition. Curious to see if the additional VDP modes enhance or distract.

I was told it is virtually a requirement when you have a projector. I prefer the picture with it on my screen.

ok, I ordered this player and had my friend come over to A/B this player blinded, vs my Sony s5100. I watched 10 mins of 3 different movies, then he did also. Weird that we both picked the oppo for all 3 movies. Being a computer gamer, maybe that was the reason I picked the oppo because I'm used to anti alising and the filtering capabilities of a high end video card. The images looked sharper and more fluid. I was against the hype of the oppo, but I am man enough to say I was wrong. Build quality is also what people have described. Flame away however, that's just my opinion.

Thanks for your insight. I'm thinking about getting one for myself. A side note, how do you like that Outlaw Model 7500?