Got Speeding Tickets?

The History Kid

My Dad was a cop and while learning to drive he told me that if a person couldn’t spot a cop in time to correct whatever they were doing wrong, then they deserved a ticket.  We could see a dot on the horizon and he’d tell us that was a cop -- and it was.  i had immunity in our hometown, they’d just tell me to slow down, then tell my Dad.

• Like 3

Well it's true.  If you fly right by a cop and don't even bother to slow down...you probably deserve more than just a ticket. lol

actually, he was going the opposite way and flipped a U-turn to come after me.  I wonder if it was the music?  The harder the rock, the faster I seem to drive.  

• Like 1

My first and only speeding ticket was on Highway 61 south to St. Louis in Louisa County, IA.  Backwoods country there, with a total of 2 county deputies along with the sheriff.  That particular weekend, my now-ex girlfriend was having an emergency surgery...and my car was in the shop, so I rented a car to go down there.  2010 Mazda 6 - I had no clue where anything in this car was...I was lucky enough to be able to put the damn thing in drive, let alone know where the cruise control was.  Texas plates too.  Oh boy.  I was following 3 cars, the 2 in the front were pulling 83 in a 55, the one in front of me was going 74, and I was going 73.  Guess who got pulled over?

• Like 1

of course this thread is specifically about speeding tickets … so i won’t mention my carpool lane violation ticket, running a stop sign ticket, passing a school bus ticket (that one was BS--the bus didn’t have it’s lights on when me and three other cars passed it), the ticket for not having lights on the roll bar covered ...

of course this thread is specifically about speeding tickets … so i won’t mention my carpool lane violation ticket, running a stop sign ticket, passing a school bus ticket (that one was BS--the bus didn’t have it’s lights on when me and three other cars passed it), the ticket for not having lights on the roll bar covered ...

Oh, then there was the time the cops showed up at our place on the 4th of July because our neighbors complained of fireworks.  Cop shows up, looks around the deck and down in the valley, chuckles, and says "carry on."  DPD is the best.

• Like 1

I use to hang out at this rock band’s house…the drummer once played with Richie Blackmore. He was good; but, the rest of the gang treated him bad because he was always so doped up. One night the band was playing in the garage and i told the drummer that I’d turn out the lights and flip on a stobe light and he could bust into a mad drum solo. He agreed. I did my part and he did his.  Soon the lights were back on. I turned to comment to the person standing next to me and it was a Los Angeles County Sheriff. He said, “Personally, I liked it; but, your neighbors don’t.”  Turns out the lead singer didn’t like it either.  

Drummer introduced me to a guy named Captain Beefheart … what a trip that dude was.  I could listen to his stories all night. He partied at my brother’s house. He actually made a music video probably 10 years before MTV. Sadly, the Captain died a few years ago.  Captain, Zappa, and I all lived in the same town once upon a time--but, they were older than me. Rolling Stone had his album Trout Mask Replica as Number 60 on their top 500 LPs of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzk6lTjL_dQ

• Like 1

I sold my Trailblazer SS that I modified because I couldn't keep my foot out of it. The last ticket I got was doing 92 on the on ramp... The officer loved my truck though and only wrote me for 75. I still miss that damn thing and I will probably buy another as a weekend warrior.

I spend a lot of time on a sport bike. I've been pulled over 4 times in the last 3 years for slightly above the speed limit, 52 in a 45 for example. All 4 times the cop let me go, twice the cop says it was based on my age, late 40s but on a bike capable of quadrupling the speed limit. There were expecting a younger guy, and probably to write him a ticket. I guess being older does pay off :D

2 speeding tickets in my life, and stopped once for speeding cop changed it to defective equipment

1st pulled over in 1965 galaxy convertible back in the early 80's told cop speedo was bad, he changed it to defective, went to court with repair receipt judge dismissed

2nd, Fairly new 1985 Shelby Charger 2.2 turbo (loved that car) stationed in Ft Riley Kansas, Lived in Medford, headed to base in the winter decided to kick into the little hot rod, crest the top of a hill, there sets cop. pulls me over 93 in a 55  :( .....................I am on orders for Germany so I have to pay it, (no time for court) Go to the clerk shell out the 100.00.............Ticket never shows up on my driving record, (someone wanted that 100, fine by me)

3rd Maryland On a job, Head out for parts see the cop hiding with his radar, on my way back he pulls me over im in a 90 something 4 cylinder nissan frontier pickup with 1500 pounds of tools in the back Tells me I was speeding, I retort No sir you are wrong, I would like to see that on the gun, he responds I did not lock it in, I respond I will see you in court....................Judge throws it out (I was not speeding, There was another car that passed me I was the easier target for his quota 

I did outrun (so to speak) a cop once He was blocked by traffic and could not turn around so I floored it and Took several side roads headed home and stayed

1 last time I had a 76 Mustang 2, Karmin Ghia, with a 302 I just put an intake and 4 barrel holley on it left my Drive way crest a hill and bang cop I see him hit the brakes so I pull into a vacant drive get out and throw up the hood, cop gets there I tell him the carb was new and the linkage got stuck he says get it fixed (I was a deputy jailer at the time)

I was stopped 2 other times I was in a yellow and black Camaro cops thought they had a young driver in a sporty car, WRONG once I was in uniform and the guy did not even get to the car B-4 he decided no need to approach further, The other was hiding ehind a barn a said had me on radar but decided to shut it off because he thought 55 in a 35 was fast enough Told the guy thats BS he asks where I work. I respond Meade County Detention Center, He responds Oh, You can go

Reading this it pretty much sounds like I am a speed nut But honestly I stay the limit or follow traffic 

• Like 1