McIntosh MC 2105 and MX 113 For Sale in Milwaukee, WI Pickup or Ship

tidmack

I briefly contemplated selling these about a year ago, but pulled them off the market. I find that I just don't use this system as much as the other 2105 / 113 combo in my living room, so it's finally time to let someone else enjoy these nice pieces of audio equipment. I really prefer pickup on these, but will ship them at the buyer's expense ($50 for the McIntosh box, plus shipping costs).

I've owned both of these pieces for about 6 years and they are being used with a pair of Heresys currently. I'm a big fan of the sound from this McIntosh combination and I've had my other 2105/113 combo for nearly 20 years. If you don't want to dive into tubes but like a warm sound, I think you'll be happy with these. With my other combo like this one, I drive a pair of Klipschorns and am incredibly pleased with the sound. I've driven Cornwall I, II, III, Heresys, Klipschorns, and various JBL speakers with this combo as well, and have never been disappointed or wishing for more power from the 2105.

Both pieces are quite clean, the chrome is nice on each, faceplates are very, very nice, and the chassis are nearly 100% rust free. Upon extremely close scrutiny, I did notice a couple imperfections on the bottom of the silkscreen on the 113, but I don't think it's delamination, but maybe a flaw in the silkscreening process. You can see it in the photos. I'm looking to get $1,200 for the 2105 and $700 for the 113. I will separate them if needed, but prefer to sell as a pair.

Regarding maintenance,  I saw a receipt for the 2105 from Flanner and Hafsoos here in Wisconsin, but the previous owner wouldn't give it to me because it had his credit card information on it. I asked for a copy to be sent with that information blacked out, but he never followed through. That particular servicing was pretty basic...pots cleaned, bench tested, etc. I believe maybe a cap was replaced, but it's been many years since I purchased that piece, so I'm not 100%.

I purchased the 113 from a gentleman here on the forum who also said the unit had been gone through a couple years before my purchase, but again, I don't have any receipts to back it up.

The 2105 weighs in at around 88 pounds in the box and the 113 weighs about 39 pounds boxed. Because I have McIntosh boxes, I am willing to ship these, but I ask that buyers pay $50 for the box, plus shipping. Quotes will vary depending on your location. Pickup in zip 53154 is preferred.

Buyers from Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri (St. Louis area only), Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin: I can offer you competitive shipping rates through Spee-Dee Delivery. Please contact me with your postal code for a quote.

[/url] IMG_7700_zpsfa189290.jpgIMG_7698_zps5f2980b9.jpg IMG_7694_zpsb5f7f732.jpg IMG_7697_zps9edcad0a.jpg">http://IMG_7673_zps9796b273.jpg IMG_7700_zpsfa189290.jpg IMG_7698_zps5f2980b9.jpg IMG_7694_zpsb5f7f732.jpg IMG_7697_zps9edcad0a.jpg

My apologies that some of the photos are out of sequence. I thought I had them lined up properly in PhotoBucket, but I guess I goofed. Again, here's a nice chance to get into some decent equipment that only seems to increase in value over the years. Thanks again for looking.  Jeff

• 1 month later...

I'll be off of work for a few days after Easter and plan to put together a nice eBay presentation for these two pieces. In the past, I've had to sell my Mac gear internationally to get the best money, but I'd really prefer that these two pieces stay Stateside. Damn, I can't believe I've grown attached to these two pieces, that's against the rules!

If someone is interested before I move ahead, $1,550 will get someone one heck of a McIntosh setup that should rock your socks off. My K-horns and LaScalas never complained about being driven with a 2105/113 combo. Please see the first post for shipping info, etc. I'd prefer local pickup on these, though.

Jeff

If someone is interested before I move ahead, $1,550 will get someone one heck of a McIntosh setup that should rock your socks off.

Great deal for somebody local. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks, GMC, I appreciate it. This system only gets played a couple times a month, so it's time to let someone else enjoy these great pieces.  I'm unable to edit my original post, so I hope interested parties are reading the thread to know I'm looking to get $1,550 for BOTH the 2105 and 113.  Have a great day and thanks again for the kind words.

Jeff