Need surround speaker suggestions

jegue

Hi all-

First post here.

I've got a pair of klf 30s and matching c 7 that I purchased new.  Running them with a Denon 2803 and Paradyme PW 2200 sub in a music room roughly 14'W x 18'D.  We recently purchased a projector so the family could use the music room as a movie room.  I'm looking for surrounds from what klipsch currently offers hoping there's something that will do the job, pair nicely, and not break the bank.  Would a pair of RS-42IIs or RS-52IIs be a good choice?  I am starting to see some deals on them.  Also, would it make sense to add a third speaker of either of these for a surround back?  I do not have room for more than a single in the back.   

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Hi all-

First post here.

I've got a pair of klf 30s and matching c 7 that I purchased new. Running them with a Denon 2803 and Paradyme PW 2200 sub in a music room roughly 14'W x 18'D. We recently purchased a projector so the family could use the music room as a movie room. I'm looking for surrounds from what klipsch currently offers hoping there's something that will do the job, pair nicely, and not break the bank. Would a pair of RS-42IIs or RS-52IIs be a good choice? I am starting to see some deals on them. Also, would it make sense to add a third speaker of either of these for a surround back? I do not have room for more than a single in the back.

Thoughts?

Welcome. I used a single rc62ii as surround back and now use twin rc62iis as surrounds. I chose them over rsxx or rbxx and they work well for me. I cant comment on how close they or any other reference speaker would match as I have not had the privalege of seeing or hearing klf30s. I would suggest you would want something bigger than rs42s to keep up with those big klfs.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  I guess there are lots of ways to skin a cat.  

The klf30s can overpower most anything, but at a reasonable volume (read: not ear bleeding) I would think some smaller surrounds could keep up and add a lot of depth.  

Anyone have experience with rs-42II or rs-52II that would aggree/disagree?

• Like 1

Since you mentioned them... Both the RS-42II & 52II are available for sale directly from the Klipsch.com website, with a current 20% off promotion code.

I don't have any experience with them, so I can't say how well they may or may not integrate with your current setup. But since Klipsch is clearing them out with a decent discount, it might be worthwhile.

Another option to consider, though more difficult to do, is to find 2 or 3 more KLF-C7's and use them as surrounds and/or a center back channel. Having owned a C7 as a center channel with my KLF-20's, they'd be a perfect match with your current speakers and are more than capable of surround duty... Unless you prefer the dipole/splayed configuration of the 42's and 52's.

• Like 1

Another option to consider, though more difficult to do, is to find 2 or 3 more KLF-C7's and use them as surrounds and/or a center back channel. Having owned a C7 as a center channel with my KLF-20's, they'd be a perfect match with your current speakers and are more than capable of surround duty

Because you want timbre matching, this is the optimal solution.  Or if you have the space go with klf-10's or 20's.

• Like 1