.22 LR

T2K

My .22 of choice is a 1965 Marlin Golden 39A. I also own a Ruger 10/22 Magnum.

Best regards,

John

.22 WMAG, now you're talking!!!..... My favorite of favorites for just about everything. I popped a couple of Axis deer in my back yard around Christmas time with my little BRNO, and have the freezer in the garage filled to the top. 1 pop in the ear, and it's all she wrote.

Edited by Gilbert

Best regards,

John

.22 WMAG, now you're talking!!!..... My favorite of favorites for just about everything. I popped a couple of Axis deer in my back yard around Christmas time with my little BRNO, and have the freezer in the garage filled to the top. 1 pop in the ear, and it's all she wrote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppxJ2P2pe4k

I also load a 100 Gr. Hollow point for my 7 mm Rem Mag that is just ugly with what it will do to a groundhog !!

I have a Winchester Model 70 as well in 7mm Rem Mag.  My rifle has Winchester's old BOSS system...Ballistic Optimizing Shooting System...which looks much like a muzzle brake.  Problem is that it directs much of the muzzle blast back and towards the sides so the rifle sounds like a howitzer.  Pisses off all your neighbors at the range.

Edited by FuzzyDog

Best regards,

John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppxJ2P2pe4k

:ph34r:

The first real rifle that I learned to shoot was a Winchester Model 63 .22LR which my dad still has.  Loved that rifle took it everywhere for years.  That said my new favorite has to be the .17 HMR caliber. It has more speed (better velocity and trajectory/range) than the 22 Magnum and is deadly accurate in the right hands.  Nailed a coyote in the juglar at 75yds and dropped it where it stood.  All are great choices for varmit's and slightly larger animals.  Own a tricked out Ruger 10/22 as well that my daughter uses as well.

• Like 1

The first real rifle that I learned to shoot was a Winchester Model 63 .22LR which my dad still has.  Loved that rifle took it everywhere for years.  That said my new favorite has to be the .17 HMR caliber. It has more speed (better velocity and trajectory/range) than the 22 Magnum and is deadly accurate in the right hands.  Nailed a coyote in the juglar at 75yds and dropped it where it stood.  All are great choices for varmit's and slightly larger animals.  Own a tricked out Ruger 10/22 as well that my daughter uses as well.

If you like the HMR, you have to try the new .17WSM Cartridge by Winchester and Federal.  Come in 20 & 25 grain bullets.  Almost twice the range and energy of the .17HMR.  Bullets leave the barrel at 3,000 & 2,600 FPS based on bullet weight.  Savage makes a gun for the round known as the B Mag.  Browning has an offering as well.  A gun chambered for .17HMR will not work with the .17WSM  I picked up a Savage B Mag about a year ago.  A real tack driver to 200 Plus yards.

Edited by John Chi-town