Palladium P-312W Subwoofer

AUDIOPHILENH

*gazes longingly upwards*

What I could do with 4 18s in my living room......

......is get yelled at by my wife :)

I'll tell you what my wife thought they would be hideous. But she doesn't mind them. Now keep in mind they are behind a falsewall in my theater. But she totally gave me the ok to build a couple

For upstairs.

sell all 6 of your 18's and take out a small loan to buy 6 palladiums :D

I am fine with my Ultimax subs.  I don't think there are very many ID subs that I would trade these for and that includes the Palladium.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased the Palladium P-312W due to my audio compulsion.Given it's dimensions driver size and amplifier power it is a Stellar performer imo.It actually sounded very similar to the paradigm SUB15 that it was A/B against.It does produce more output down low over my RSW-15 per REW.I will post a review when I have done more extensive testing.I am considering buying buying an RT-12D and seeing if it has a similar tone and output.

• Like 2

If goog look and performance is the goal, the Palladium fits the bill. Now to the big dogs for HT, Seaton, JTR Cap 2400. Of these two, the Seaton looks better and the JTR Cap may have a slight edge in HT. Both will be great with music. The only other subs a step up in performance will be DIY. Get a design and hire a carpenter and good looks and performance can be had for less than any of the other mentioned options.

and if the pocket is deeper than two jtr cap s2 will give you musical bliss and beyond powerful HT. I am overwhelmed every time I watch something in my theater but the seatons are drop dead gorgeous. Edited by MichaelandKlipsch
  • Like 1

I recently purchased the Palladium P-312W due to my audio compulsion.Given it's dimensions driver size and amplifier power it is a Stellar performer imo.It actually sounded very similar to the paradigm SUB15 that it was A/B against.It does produce more output down low over my RSW-15 per REW.I will post a review when I have done more extensive testing.I am considering buying buying an RT-12D and seeing if it has a similar tone and output.

any more news? What finish did you order?

I ended up buying the P-312W in Espresso.It was supposed to have been a sealed box unit but was clearly a demo etc.There were a few nicks etc, was missing the full accessories kit and needs to go in for service for the the top mounted control panel.Needless to say I was really disappointed but hopefully it will all work out.The finish is Excellent and I was amazed how well it performs for a 12".It is boxed up and waiting to go to Klipsch for service.I will let you know when it comes back and I can fully test it.I do have a few quick REW graphs that I can post compared to my PB-13ULTRA and RSW-15.

I am hoping my friends Seaton F2 comes in soon to see what a beast it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but at 5800!?!?!!! What a joke. Two seaton submersives can be had for that price. And the data bass confirms how limited the dd-18 really is. Sorry won't agree with anyone on this one.

I could not possibly agree more! Total waste of money. Way WAY overpriced.