CF-4 Version 1 on Ebay $899 -SOLD

wvu80

Edit:  The auction ended early, and they apparently sold for the $899.  Now we know at least what a pair of good condition CF-4 ver 1's are worth.

+++

+++

+++

These are not mine, but the ad says all the right things; Version 1, pristine condition, XO inspected and brought up to spec by Bob Crites.  The $899 Buy It Now price isn't outrageous. 

Berwyn, Illinois, I don't know where that is.

Let's see if this sale reflects what many of us think the CF-1 ver 1 should bring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Epic-CF4-Loudspeakers-Ver-1-/251809614111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa105c91f

(I am not affiliated)

$_57.JPG

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

These close Tues at 12:31am.  I just checked and it says "31 watching."  So the big question to our listeners is, will these CF-4 version 1's sell for $899 or not?  It's not an auction, it's a "buy it now."

All you have to do is make your prediction NOW, Sale or No Sale.  The winner will then be known as a Expert on ancient Klipsch Speakers, at least for the month of February.

I say "no sale."  B)

If they were local to me and I had the cash, I'd offer him $800 offline to end it and see what happens. All other things (condition wise) being equal, in my opinion, the oak veneers are worth $800-$850. With the walnut and cherry veneers in the $900 range.

With that many watching, I bet they get pulled and sold for an offline negotiated amount.

• Like 1

i say sale.  the other auctions for 2 pairs were most likely series 3, not 2, based on the serial number/date.  i recently sold my black series 2 for $850 locally in less than a week on CL... but they were mint with original boxes.

if any of the watchers are nearby & know about the series 1 vs 2 & 3,  these should be worth $899 all day long, especially in that nice of shape & oak finsih.

the cf-4's are getting harder to find in any series.  the series 1 are a great value at that price if someone really wants high quality for a good price.  the low ballers & craigslist flippers will pass because there isnt much of a profit margin for them.  but the guy that wants to keep them will be foolish to pass it up.  they "should" sell... & if not the first week definantly the 2nd or 3rd week.  plus this is a superbowl weekend & the midwest just got over a foot of snow so probably bad timing.  

Edited by klipschfancf4

no sale??   shows sold for buy it now of $899. 

yay!  im an expert on ancient klipsch speakers... or at least till the end of the month.   ;)

Good job Mr. CF-4 Fan Expert!  You did better than me.   :D

I was thinking the price would top off at $800, I didn't think it would go quite to $900.  Since I own CF-4 version 1's, I'm happy to be wrong!  B)

thanks, i "knew" (thought) they would sell eventually.  the auction didnt end "early" someone used buy it now for the $899 the seller had it set at, dont think it was an actual auction for a price to top out.  the seller wanted what he wanted,  $899. 

yes i'd be very happy with your cf-4's.... kind of regret selling mine after almost 15 years with them, but thought i wanted to "upgrade" to k-horns.  while i do enjoy them, i should have kept the cf-4s & saved a bunch of money.  & been more flexible with spacing etc. 

Wow. I have a bridge in Brooklyn which I would like to offer for $899. :ph34r:

do you not like the cf-4's or feel they arent worth $899?  they sold for $2500/pair new. have you heard the series 1 epics? 

just curious why you say that?

do you not like the cf-4's or feel they arent worth $899?  they sold for $2500/pair new. have you heard the series 1 epics? 

Because I don't think they stand up well to LaScalas or Cornwalls, either of which you can get for $900

I had the Khorn new in 89 and regret having to sell them .I have a version 1 CF-4 and there is no comparison IMO, But you are comparing apples to oranges. They are 2 completely different speakers.

If space was taken into consideration, I would take a pair of KLF-30s over the CF-4s, if you did an A/B of the 2 with the speakers behind a screen, 9 out of 10 people would take the KLF-30.

I think as many do, the Heritage family including the cousins Chorus, Forte and Quartet are more musically inclined, and other than the Heresy (overpriced) are a far better value for the $ in the used market. For $900 for a pair of used CF-4s version 1, I can pick up an absolutely pristine pair of Chorus 2s or Cornwalls, and a very nice pair of LaScalas. For $600 a very nice pair of Forte can be had. A/B any of these with the 4s and IMO most people would go the Heritage route.

Just my .02

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996

Because I don't think they stand up well to LaScalas or Cornwalls, either of which you can get for $900

ok, if youve heard them & compared you are of course entitled to youre opinion.  far from a bridge in brooklyn though....

lascalas for $900?  battered & abused maybe....  common prices i see are more like $1100-$1500+ in good condition.  aside from the rare fluke deals that pop up for all kinds of things because the seller is desperate or unaware of the market value.  

Edited by klipschfancf4

I had the Khorn new in 89 and regret having to sell them .I have a version 1 CF-4 and there is no comparison IMO, But you are comparing apples to oranges. They are 2 completely different speakers.

If space was taken into consideration, I would take a pair of KLF-30s over the CF-4s, if you did an A/B of the 2 with the speakers behind a screen, 9 out of 10 people would take the KLF-30.

I think as many do, the Heritage family including the cousins Chorus, Forte and Quartet are more musically inclined, and other than the Heresy (overpriced) are a far better value for the $ in the used market. For $900 for a pair of used CF-4s version 1, I can pick up an absolutely pristine pair of Chorus 2s or Cornwalls, and a very nice pair of LaScalas. For $600 a very nice pair of Forte can be had. A/B any of these with the 4s and IMO most people would go the Heritage route.

Just my .02

Mark

to each their own i guess.  i have heard KLF30 & thought my cf-4 2 were better, but thats just my opinion, we all have them.  too many variables to say one is "better" than the other.  & neither of us can predict what 9 out of 10 other people would choose, but the minute i heard the klf's boxes rattle & hum i would choose the epics before even hearing them! 

i have read on here many members think the cf-4 is 2nd to only the k-horn.  i agree the k-horn is the better speaker, but dollar for dollar the cf-4 is a close 2nd in many ways-  you can use them in rooms without perfect corners, they have better imaging & the listening sweet spot isnt as critical, not to mention time alignment & a harsh mid of the k-horn that has been discussed countless times.   

i also agree the chorus may be a better or easily equal speaker to the epics, never doubted that,  my comment was $900 for true series 1 cf-4 is a good value... much more rare than chorus too. & vs $2000+ for k horns & their limitations mentioned above,  the cf-4 would do just fine in my book.  opinions from most people are worth exactly .02 so yours is just as or no more correct than mine.  

i'm sure the new owner will love their new epics for many years to come.

Edited by klipschfancf4