RSW-10 Dilemma

KSparkuhl

Did you ask if there is a warranty woofer part when you called? I would think there may be some left. Let me look into this, maybe I can come up with something. No promises.

Wow! That would be awesome if you found one. The guys on the phone were pretty adamant about not having parts for that sub. They also didn't want to play the "upgrade" game with me ... so it looks like I might be hanging onto this one for the time being.

I have a RSW-10 on eBay that I've been trying to sell, you may have even emailed me about it at one point? I didn't really want to part it out but I haven't received too much interest either as the cabinet does have some minor damage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RSW-10-Subwoofer-Used-Condition-Works-Perfect-Audiophile-Sub-385-Watts-/321651313400?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I have a RSW-10 on eBay that I've been trying to sell, you may have even emailed me about it at one point? I didn't really want to part it out but I haven't received too much interest either as the cabinet does have some minor damage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RSW-10-Subwoofer-Used-Condition-Works-Perfect-Audiophile-Sub-385-Watts-/321651313400?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Yes, I did send you an eBay message on that one a few weeks back. It would be a good match for mine as the cabinet is flawless.

Maybe I could use it as an end table if I don't get the driver issue worked out?

Edited by KSparkuhl

If I don't sell this soon I may part it out. I really hate to do that as although the cabinet does have some minor damage its really hardly noticeable when shoved in a corner and it works perfect. I'll let you know first if I decide to part it out, thanks.

Did you ask if there is a warranty woofer part when you called? I would think there may be some left. Let me look into this, maybe I can come up with something. No promises.

Wow! That would be awesome if you found one. The guys on the phone were pretty adamant about not having parts for that sub. They also didn't want to play the "upgrade" game with me ... so it looks like I might be hanging onto this one for the time being.

It looks like those parts have went the way of the dinosaurs. So what was the option customer service gave you?

Another idea.

Maybe an Atlanta forum member can help you out.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/4847555363.html

00l0l_5TGm1Ye4NgF_600x450.jpg

Bill

Thanks ... looks like he's not going to mess around with shipping.

Do you have any friends or family in the Atlanta area?

I have a buddy that might be available to go get it for you and ship it.  I will try to contact him today.

Bill

I have a buddy that might be available to go get it for you and ship it.  I will try to contact him today.

Bill

Do you have any friends or family in the Atlanta area?

Thank you, Bill. I'm not certain I'm ready to give up on this one just yet. I appreciate the heads up.

Not many people responded on AVS DIY Speakers and Subs forum, but one of the guys who did LDT02 is highly respected for his knowledge.  He gave the Dayton Audio woof you referenced the thumbs up, so you made a good choice in finding that, and now you have options.

Same dilemma though, buy a used sub driver or take the (sub) box that Klipsch is offering behind door number 1.  B)

I think  klipsch offered you the SW-310. that is worth 600$  to be fair as you only paid 400$ for the RSW 10 - they are giving you back more value than what you paid and the new sub will carry a warranty - 

you cannot expect them to give you 1000$ value for a sub paid 400$ -

lucky - klipsch is honoring  the warranty after 3 years of usage and 7 years after the item was first sold  -that is a  fair deal to me ,  a free new sub

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

I think  klipsch offered you the SW-310. that is worth 600$  to be fair as you only paid 400$ for the RSW 10 - they are giving you back more value than what you paid and the new sub will carry a warranty - 

you cannot expect them to give you 1000$ value for a sub paid 400$ -

lucky - klipsch is honoring  the warranty after 3 years of usage and 7 years after the item was first sold  -that is a  fair deal to me ,  a free new sub

And yet I've chosen not to accept their offer. I wonder why that would be?

Randy, you've transposed value with cost. I'm certain you can understand that value is a highly subjective topic when dealing with high-end audio equipment. The fact I found an exceptional deal on a $1000 subwoofer has nothing to do with the value of what I purchased; because I paid what I did doesn't mean the subwoofer is suddenly devalued. Buy low, sell high ... and if I can save a few bucks in the process, why not? Klipsch made their money when they sold their product to the dealer, so I should feel lucky they decided to honor their warranty?

In this case, I prefer to place value in keeping the superior product ... it turns out that eBay was fruitful today and I've found a replacement driver. (Thanks jjptkd!)