SOLD - Pinpoint AM40 & BTech BT77 Side Clamping Speaker Mounts - SOLD

Youthman

• Moderators

BTech BT77 Speaker Mounts for $40 + Shipping (SOLD)

360 Degree Swivel

7 Degree Tilt

Supports up to 50 lbs

btech1.jpg

btech2.jpg

btech3.jpg

New, Unopened Pinpoint AM40 Speaker Mounts for $40 + shipping (SOLD).

I used to use a pair of these with RB-35 and they are rock solid mounts.

90 Degree Swivel

7 Degree Tilt

Supports up to 50 lbs

pinpoint1.jpg

pinpoint2.jpg

Edited by Youthman

• Moderators

Hi James.  Welcome to the forums.

The box has the factory seal so everything should be included from the factory. 

I used to have a pair just like them, only made by another manufacturer and they are awesome.  Here you can see I had the RB-35 and it held them with ease.

speakermounts.jpg

rb35-3.jpg

rb35-4.jpg

rb35-5.jpg

The side brackets extend out pretty wide and "Clamp" to secure the speaker to the mount.  They advise screwing 3 tiny screws into the bottom of the cabinet.  I did because I would rather have 3 tiny screws than an injured or dead guest from it falling. 

Hi James. Welcome to the forums.

The box has the factory seal so everything should be included from the factory.

I used to have a pair just like them, only made by another manufacturer and they are awesome. Here you can see I had the RB-35 and it held them with ease.

speakermounts.jpg

rb35-3.jpg

rb35-4.jpg

rb35-5.jpg

The side brackets extend out pretty wide and "Clamp" to secure the speaker to the mount. They advise screwing 3 tiny screws into the bottom of the cabinet. I did because I would rather have 3 tiny screws than an injured or dead guest from it falling.

Thank you! I can only pray that RB-81 II's will fit. How much to ship to 06811?

• Moderators

Take a look at this Technical Sheet.

The clamps will go from 5.5" to 11.5".  The RB-81ii are only 12.3" so you are good there.

Weight isn't a problem.  They will support up to 50lbs...the RB-81ii are 27.5lbs

Do you need to swivel them in much?  The only think you need to consider is the deeper the speaker, the less of the 90 degrees you can swivel the mounts.  To gain additional degree of swivel, you would need to move the speaker more forward on the mount.  The RB-81ii are 12.3" deep.  The actual base of the AM40 are 7.24" so if you centered the RB-81ii on the mount, the RB-81ii would extend roughly 2.5" in front of the base and 2.5" over the rear of the base.  That would leave you 1" clearance from the back of the wall to the very back part of the mount support.

Hope that makes sense.  Take a look at the diagram and you will see where I pulled those numbers from.  As you can see above in the last photo I posted, my mounts had the clamp on the rear of the speaker where the AM40 clamp the front of the speaker unless I mounted them backwards LOL.

Take a look at this Technical Sheet.

The clamps will go from 5.5" to 11.5". The RB-81ii are only 12.3" so you are good there.

Weight isn't a problem. They will support up to 50lbs...the RB-81ii are 27.5lbs

Do you need to swivel them in much? The only think you need to consider is the deeper the speaker, the less of the 90 degrees you can swivel the mounts. To gain additional degree of swivel, you would need to move the speaker more forward on the mount. The RB-81ii are 12.3" deep. The actual base of the AM40 are 7.24" so if you centered the RB-81ii on the mount, the RB-81ii would extend roughly 2.5" in front of the base and 2.5" over the rear of the base. That would leave you 1" clearance from the back of the wall to the very back part of the mount support.

Hope that makes sense. Take a look at the diagram and you will see where I pulled those numbers from. As you can see above in the last photo I posted, my mounts had the clamp on the rear of the speaker where the AM40 clamp the front of the speaker unless I mounted them backwards LOL.

Thank you! I will need to swivel them to an extent.. I will be placing them on the left and right walls because my entertainment system takes up too much space on the wall. I don't know how much angle I will need.

• Moderators
I don't know how much angle I will need.

Yeah, I'm not good at math to figure that out.  I remember with my RB-35, because they were so deep, I definitely could not swivel a full 90 degrees.  Do some figuring and research.  If you decide you want them, let me know and I'll look up shipping.

I don't know how much angle I will need.

Yeah, I'm not good at math to figure that out. I remember with my RB-35, because they were so deep, I definitely could not swivel a full 90 degrees. Do some figuring and research. If you decide you want them, let me know and I'll look up shipping.

Do the AM40's have screw holes to secure the speakers to the mount?

I have these mount's and use them with RB75's. There are no mounting holes on the plate but you can drill some like I did. Depending on the RB's, if there are threaded holes on the bottom it's works great instead of screwing into the wood.

I have these mount's and use them with RB75's. There are no mounting holes on the plate but you can drill some like I did. Depending on the RB's, if there are threaded holes on the bottom it's works great instead of screwing into the wood.

The 81's have "dual bottom threaded inserts for use with a stands", but I just don't know where the holes are located.

I'll take them if James doesn't take them. You have first shot James! And welcome to the forum.

Thank you for such a warm welcome!

One last question.

If I put the rear edge of the speaker, just past the rear security hole, would that allow at least 70 degrees swivel and a safe mounting position? I'm afraid it'll be too front-heavy that way.

My guess measurements with a protractor tell me I'll need a max of 70 degrees. I don't know if it'll work :(

Edited by james9120

• Moderators
I'll take them if James doesn't take them. You have first shot James! And welcome to the forum.

Thanks mxr dad.  You are second in line.  I also have the Btech mounts as well.

If I put the rear edge of the speaker, just past the rear security hole, would that allow at least 70 degrees swivel and a safe mounting position? I'm afraid it'll be too front-heavy that way. My guess measurements with a protractor tell me I'll need a max of 70 degrees. I don't know if it'll work :(

I really don't have an answer for that.  I do remember when I had my mounts (although a different brand), they clamped down very tightly.  As mentioned, you could drill a hole in the bottom of the mount so that you can secure the speaker through the threaded inserts (if they have them on the bottom).

are these sold -

Hi Randy, James and Dad have expressed interest in buying the Pinpoint AM40.  The BT77 are still available.

Thanks mxr dad. You are second in line. I also have the Btech mounts as well.

If I put the rear edge of the speaker, just past the rear security hole, would that allow at least 70 degrees swivel and a safe mounting position? I'm afraid it'll be too front-heavy that way. My guess measurements with a protractor tell me I'll need a max of 70 degrees. I don't know if it'll work :(

I really don't have an answer for that. I do remember when I had my mounts (although a different brand), they clamped down very tightly. As mentioned, you could drill a hole in the bottom of the mount so that you can secure the speaker through the threaded inserts (if they have them on the bottom).

are these sold -

Hi Randy, James and Dad have expressed interest in buying the Pinpoint AM40. The BT77 are still available.

Thank you for all you're help, I will take the AM40's. PM me when you're ready and I'll send the $$ your way.

Thanks again for everybody's help, this is probably the first message board that offers such a warm welcome for users!!