Squeezebox Duet - No longer available

CECAA850

These are great units with good DAC's for the money.  I have 5 of the receivers and 3 controllers.  I use three of the receivers in my house in different rooms streaming FLAC and WMA from a Drobo.  I can have each receiver playing different music or have them synced so the same music plays everywhere.  There are IOS and Android apps for controlling playback of my music library, internet radio or apps like Pandora.  I use my Xoom or Samsung Android tablets for control most of the time instead of the Squeezebox controller because it's a larger screen for selecting content and viewing artwork.  These are nice devices, someone should buy them, you won't be disappointed! 

Took a look at the manual online and it appears you cannot hook a hard drive directly to this and It needs access to a pc loaded with files

If I am wrong please correct me.....................

I don't think there's a way to hook it to a bare hard drive.

It needs the logitech squeeze server, either on a PC, laptop or NAS. Works great here. I have a SB3, Touch and Duet through my apartment wirelessly connected to synology NAS. The Dac's on these are surprisingly good as well. The iPeng app works fantastic here on iPhone and iPad.

I dont use Spotify, but I know it needs a 3rd party plug in that works well when I did use it.

GLWS

Edited by ajoker2c