New speaker?

Mad Bomber

This is from a post explaining the differences.  Looks like it's just from a different supplier.

K-33-E would be the "Klipsch", part type 33 (15") woofer from Eminence.
The suffix letter code generally referred to the Klipsch assigned
origin/ manufacturer of the driver.

B = CTS (Chicago Telephone Supply), Brownsville TX

P = CTS in Paducah KY (woofers only)

R = Rola (an additional "R" either stamped or handwritten also indicated replacement (often seen on K22's and K- 24's)

• Like 1

info from www search

When CTS went out ,companys like Kustom and ampeg who relied on that square 54oz magnet style speaker for the sound of their portaflex amps that where the main stay in recording records in this country back then, turned to Eminence for a speaker.Eminence made a perfect copy, probably due to the fact that the engineer who started eminence use to work for CTS.Eminence does not make a square type magnet speaker any longer, but any bass speaker that they do make with around a 54 ounce magnet, a steel, not cast frame, and a response that goes to about
4000 cycles would replicate the original CTS well. The original CTSs would have been good for about 60 watts and as far as t/s specs go, a new Eminence would have better specs, a higher SPL rating and handle at least 150 watts.

how does an Eminence speaker compare to the EV LINEUP of the same years as far as quality sound - if some of these were 4 and 8 ohms - would an EV or JBL be a superior product  - I am definitely not mentionning a high end TAD which is priced out of reach -

also I own -k22EF -k33E-k43E-K42E  - and the k24-k28 which may be asian products - as I dont see the E designation -