Promedia 5.1 ultra subwoofer no bass

GodRa

I've owned my set of Promedia 5.1 Ultra's for almost 10 years and only had one problem with the amp once. Now after so many years of great music my subwoofer isn't making bass and there's a strange electrical smell when I turn them on. The bass turns on and off and now my center speaker doesn't sound. My question could it be a fuse or is it the amp that's finally given out? Any recommendations or advice would be very much appreciated.

Edited by GodRa

Easy. You gotta get ahold of the promedia ultra guru:

post-47699-0-92480000-1385657496_thumb.j

He sells on Ebay. He will fix you up and make it so you don't ever have another breakdown!

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Klipsch-ProMedia-Ultra-THX-5-1-Computer-Speakers-/10000000010358270/g.html

Here is one of the kits he sold within the last month:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COOLING-FAN-FULL-29-part-UPGRADE-KIT-Klipsch-ProMedia-5-1-THX-Ultra-amplifier-/331446927382?nma=true&si=LknqvZBNG9Xvp7uOAwQkwDs0%252FhY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by mustang guy

I've owned my set of Promedia 5.1 Ultra's for almost 10 years and only had one problem with the amp once. Now after so many years of great music my subwoofer isn't making bass and there's a strange electrical smell when I turn them on. The bass turns on and off and now my center speaker doesn't sound. My question could it be a fuse or is it the amp that's finally given out? Any recommendations or advice would be very much appreciated.

sounds like you may have fried the amplifier or the power supply - the components can be replaced -electrical smell can also entail  that a part has shorted - it is better to unplug it and avoid using it as this can cause a fire - better be safe -

Edited by Randyh

sounds like you may have fried the amplifier or the power supply - the components can be replaced -electrical smell can also entail  that a part has shorted - it is better to unplug it and avoid using it as this can cause a fire - better be safe -

Thanks for the advice but as soon as I smelled that I unplugged it from the outlet. How would I can I find out which part is the one that needs to be replaced?

Do yourself a favor and actually read the links. Most importantly the second link. It pertains to you.

PS: I call him a guru. He is not an actual guru. I can't believe I actually had to say that.

Thank u for the advice I couldn't read it before but I did read it now and I'm looking it prices. Thanks again