House of Klipsch- NEW STUFF ADDED DAILY

colterphoto1

I'm in process of obtaining what will be speaker set for my eventual home theater (hey if I get the gear, that's impetus to get going on the project, right?).  Anyway, it's time to get some of this collection in the hands of some of you guys so it can get the dust blown off and properly enjoyed. I'll be working on photos over the next week or so, but wanted to tickle your grey matter with a listing for starters. Ready... GO 

Pair of KP682 double 18" bins, with 4 KP362 15" 3-way cabinets - there is a separate thread with these. $2,000 for all 6 cabinets. These will run great off of three amps, with two set to mono to power the sub bins, and one in stereo for the tops. 

^^^^ OK, sale of my old PA is pending. 

New additions -

RS 52 surround, single,  early test model in a cherry wrapped vinyl ( all others are black), would make an interesting rear center for someone with RS52's on side walls wanting to fill in the gap by going 6.1  LOWERED $100 

Definitive Technology BP2 bi-polar surrounds. White box shaped cabinets with 4" woofer and 1" tweeter front AND rear firing. Early design and implementation of surround speaker design. Like new condition except for a few scuffs on white grille fabric. $200 

60th Anniversary Khorns NIB - That's right, some more speakers that I purchased new and are still in box. Kept in home or heated workshop building on skids. Never played, never opened. I'm quite certain these are the only ones of their kind on the planet.  $10,000 NIB means NEW IN BOX, never opened, therefore no photos available. These came from Hope, where they were manufactured, via truck to Klipsch in Indy, where I trucked them home, uncrated them, and there they sit. 

Dahlquist M904 - walnut 10" two-way with dome tweeter, walnut cabinets in fine shape. Used these for my 'Jazz' speakers years ago and tired of looking at the boxes. Not as efficient as Klipsch for sure, but very smooth frequency response without any of the horn colorations.  In original boxes 9/10 condition $400

KP301 - the original types, not II. Think of them as a Chorus/Cornwall in battle dress. These have the 90 degree K601 Cornwall horns, Heritage grille cloth. I'd rank them an 8.5/10 condition. Only used infrequently $600

KP262 - White two way from a church in CA. Bill Hendrix and I split a truck load of stuff a few years back and I just don't have a use for them. They are voiced for VOICE - so they were a favorite in houses of worship. Two new OEM 12" K42 woofers and the same mid horn as found on forte II/Chorus II.  Diaphrams replaced in HF.  $450. Sound sweeter than a lot of pro Heresies to me. 

Quartet, from the second forte II/ Chorus II series. These little babies are voiced like their big brothers, I know I had them all lined up at one time and took measurements. Oak, raw NIB. They would be great in a home office, or rears to their brothers. $400/pair in original cartons. These have no finish on the oak, so you could stain/oil to your own preference. 

Cornwall III Black. S/N  1 and 2,  so original that they didn't have the pie slice badges ready yet, so these went out the factory sporting copper strip plates. They are definitely the III's though with the woofer moved up, the K701 horn, the incredible network etc. They were used as demo at Klipsch for a bit then I bought them and moved around a bit. Some slight scratching but not terribly noticable. I had glass tops made that I used here.  In original cartons. $2400 OBO

KSB 3.1 black  NIB  LOWERED $175

KSB 2.1 in rosewood finish (yes it's vinyl but very good looking) NIB  LOWERED $125

Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater - cabinets only in original theater grey (that means no woofer, horn, driver, crossover, just the cabinet ok?)  From Indy's Market Square Arena where they were part of the public address system. The components were sold overseas where I understand they fetch an enormous price. The cabinets have a bit of storage dust and dings and someone screwed casters to one, but I'd rate them a 8/10 as decals are still fully intact. They are ready to fill with drivers of your choice.  

JBL2365H large format horns - yes the BIG ones about 30x30 mouth, 36" or so depth included are gaskets and the cast throat assembly. Can be used with a wide variety of drivers. 

JBL 4645 bass bins. Not a bass guitar or PA bin, these were designed for theater use and are fairly shallow, are about the size of a Cornwall with single 18" and three ducted port tubes. There are a few versions of this bin, more info later. I have the original woofers for these but the foam has rotted away from surrounds. Debating on selling as is or going ahead with the costly recone process for these very hefty drivers. I think they would possibly mate up well with the horns above for a tremendous sounding (and wicked looking) 2-way stereo stack. I've seen such a setup posted here somewhere. 

In-wall/ceiling speakers - I dunno about price, make me an offer. 

CA800TSW  SINGLE this is the largest outdoor type cabinet, this one in black, single 8" subwoofer design, with transformer type input for installations. Think it can be used as 4ohm box standard inputs as well.  NIB  http://www.klipsch.com/ca-800-tsw-outdoor-subwoofer/details

IC650 PAIR round 6.5" woofer + tweeter believe them both to be poly type drivers, so would work well in moist areas like kitchen or bath. NIB  $75

http://www.klipsch.com/ic-650-in-ceiling-speaker/details

IW50 PAIR older Klipsch type 5" woofer separate tweeter rectangular wall speakers with metal paintable grilles. NIB http://www.klipsch.com/iw-50-in-wall-speaker/details

R2650 SINGLE in wall older bracket type NIB $20   http://www.klipsch.com/r-2650-w-in-wall-speaker/details

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 4

60th Anniversaries came in one finish - lacewood with piano black glossy lacquer tops. As seen on the Klipsch website. 

N/A on the Jubilees yet. Someone propose me what a nice low hours well cared for set is going for. I wipe the dust off them every couple months, they're in a room I hardly ever visit. 

For those interested, the new basement theater system will be three KPT904's across the front, Klipsch THX sub system, and KPT250x 3 for rear/surround duty. I might keep the Cornwall III and use them for rear surround and the 250's for side. Haven't built the room yet. Bought a Samsung 60PN7000 Plasma used the other day, it's their second from top of line, with the SmartTV features and all. I've been really happy with my little 42" in the main room. 

• Like 1

that is my understanding also... not sure how both of these are related in finish or component though.. does this have a passive internal XO or were you using it with an active external XO?

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

TRANSPORTATION -  We all know this is one of the keys to obtaining good quality Klipsch loudspeakers without trusting our vintage gear to the gorilla service. Here are the opportunities for the Pony Express:

Items can be picked up in Indianapolis IN at about any time. My schedule is pretty flexible so with notice I can meet you about any time here at the House of Klipsch. Drool bibs provided. 

Sometime in the next month, I will travel with truck/trailer to Columbia MO, where I will meet up with Bill Hendrix. He will be traveling from Witchita KS and frequently travels to Dallas TX. So you could pick up at either of those locations or along the way, providing you can work within our time table. 

Alternately there is an opportunity to fetch the items in Hope Arkansas, as a transport will be going from Indy to Hope just before the planned Employee Appreciation Day. 

Road trips to New Orleans in March and FL in early May would also be opportunities for personal delivery of smaller (fits in back seat of Accord) items. 

Please arrange payment and travel well in advance so all arrangements can be made and suitable sized transport vehicles provided. All gear will be gently transported by Klipsch lovers. 

http://mapq.st/1yQUimo   Linky to map 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 1

Wow...that's an impressive list of speakers.   Thanks for the link to the KHorns.   I had never seen the anniversary edition.

It's rare to see a NIB pair of the KSB 3.1's.  Those are a very nice sounding 8" 2-way.   I have a set of drivers that are awaiting new boxes.  Mine were beat up and I thought they sounded nice enough to restore.

Edited by mwells
  • Like 4

• Moderators

At the risk of  being "slammed" here, I will say my all time favorite Klipsch speaker set up is our custom built  MWM/402 combination, followed by Cornwall IIIs, with the LaScalla IIs in a heated race. The Jubs are right behind them!  That being said the 60th Anniversary Khorns are a sight to behold in person....probably one of the most beautiful pair of speakers I have ever seen.  

• Like 3

Just a few shots to get you started.  Notice that the KP682 differ from the cinema line KP684 in several important respects. 

1. They have nice wheels and handles so they create their own dolly for carting them around. 

2. They have real input panels with dual banana and NL4 connectors for professional connections, the 684 only has a cheap barrier strip for terminated wired. 

3. I have added delrin 'slides' to the rears for assisting in one person lifts in to trucks, pulling them up carpeted stairs etc.

4. They have heavy duty metal grilles for speaker protection.

other shots are of the Rosewood KSB2.1 and a grill-off image of the black CW III. 

post-8651-0-09620000-1422554101_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-23420000-1422554122_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-76460000-1422554161_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-23140000-1422554387_thumb.jp

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 1

60th Anniversary Khorns NIB - That's right, some more speakers that I purchased new and are still in box. Kept in home or heated workshop building on skids. Never played, never opened. I'm quite certain these are the only ones of their kind on the planet. $10,000 NIB means NEW IN BOX, never opened, therefore no photos available. These came from Hope, where they were manufactured, via truck to Klipsch in Indy, where I trucked them home, uncrated them, and there they sit.

Only 200 made.  Do you know what number these are?

• Like 1

Alright, Michael, I will start the "hounding". :-)

Jubs or K-horns ... which to keep for your 2 channel setup?

Jubs can be had new or used again someday if you wanted. And the Jubs you describe, while I am sure are beauties in themselves, they just are not NIB 60th anniversary only 200 pair made serial #7s . . . Etc.

I encourage to keep the anniversary K-horns for your premiere 2 channel setup . . . so that I can see/hear them when I come visit you at the House of Klipsch sometime in Indy on one of my visits back home! Those K-horns are beautiful and sonically exciting, in addition to being unique. But you know all that better than me . . . you own them!

The only downside, the 60th Anny K-horns NIB are twice the market value of the Jubs. that extra 5K selling the K-horns instead of the Jubs would be tempting . . . but, you would always be saying, "hey, I almost put 60th anniversary K-horns here in my 2 channel setup, but I like these Jubs fine too."

So, when you go into your 2 channel room a year from now, will you want to remember you had 60th anniversary K-horns that almost made it in there, or will you be so happy with the Jubs, that you will get the cash and remember them no more? Which pair is easier to forget?

Just my 2 cents, Bro.

Looking forward to see what you decide.

Congrats on the TV score and sounds like you are putting together an awesome HT setup!

• Like 3

I encourage to keep the anniversary K-horns for your premiere 2 channel setup . . . so that I can see/hear them when I come visit you at the House of Klipsch sometime in Indy on one of my visits back home! Those K-horns are beautiful and sonically exciting, in addition to being unique. But you know all that better than me . . . you own them!

Maybe he's making room for the 70th Anniversary edition... :P

• Like 1

thanks, problem is, I'm A/Bing a sweet pair of Walnut stock Khorns v the Jubilees. So the price thing goes the other way. Oddly, in early tests, the Khorns has smoother, deeper bass than the Jubilees. Something about them just energizes the room like nothing else. Of course the Jubilees have such smooth  upper octaves.. There isn't sufficient corners to set up all 4 at the same time, and auditory memory being what it is (along with furniture moving on a very expensive Brazilian Cherry floor)... well I just haven't made up my mind. 

And I just refuse to do the franken clone thing by using Khorn bottom, K510 top with all the active eq and everything. Something in me tells me to keep this room nice looking and simple- hence the leanings toward the Khorns. 

• Like 3