House of Klipsch- NEW STUFF ADDED DAILY

colterphoto1

Well, I've been listening to these KSB's since I got home.  I had forgotten how nice they sound and I'm very pleased to find a new pair at the price I paid.  Even when these were on clearance they were about $250 but most sold around $400. 

Michael, you were so right about these being too nice for the garage.   I guess I had based that idea on my old pair since I had never seen new ones.  These will be well cared for and will work great in my bedroom.   I enjoyed meeting you and appreciate you being a great guy to deal with.

back to some tunes....

mark

• Like 1

I knew they were going to a good home when you told me you were resurrecting another pair from parts. Nice to meet you Mark. Enjoy those, I nearly kept them as mains to a KSB1.1/KSC-C1 system, but would probably never build up such a system, there's room for only so many 5.1's in a home. Please post pictures of your cabinetry rebuild, you sound like you know your way around a wood shop. 

Please post pictures of your cabinetry rebuild, you sound like you know your way around a wood shop. 

I've had some restoration experience (mainly with furniture) but I plan on having a buddy of mine who has a nice shop help with the new cabinets....especially the baffles.   He's better with a router than I am and a LOT more experienced.   I repaired an old pioneer receiver for his shop so he owes me a favor.  Having friends to barter services with comes in handy. ;)

• Like 1

KP301, looks like at some point I added NL4 connectors so my cabling would fit. It's a PITA carrying around dual banana jack speaker wires just because that's what Klipsch used back in the day, so I've been changing out a lot of the locking 1/4" types. Don't get me started on what a horrible speaker connection those are - lets see - take two round thingies, and the point of contact is the nearly infitessimally small point of tangency? no thanks.  

Found an issue with these a while back, we were using SMAART to curve some of my collection and this one 301 sounded and curved a bit wonky at 600 and 6000 Hz. Sure enough, the midrange was wired backwards, so flipped that around and a beautiful pair of pro speakers, full range, that can be carried by one guy. Best 'truck system' ever. Even my Yorkville U15's probably don't have the frequency range that these do. 

post-8651-0-88400000-1424331688_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-62880000-1424331711_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-59840000-1424331730_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-09360000-1424331753_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-80840000-1424331784_thumb.jp

Edited by colterphoto1

Here's a few on the JBL, more in a bit. 

These were pulled from a nightclub in Indy years ago. They have the proper JBL 2245 drivers but one is totally toast, and the other, while it plays, is displaying severe surround rot, so both must be reconed, which I'm looking into. They were actually HUNG from ceiling, and I've taken the support rails from the interior, so there are 4x 3/8" holes in the back of cabinet, which I can easily bondo up. These are HEAVY beasts as they are made of a very dense particle board (not OSB), which adds to the premise that they are for fixed installation, not touring use. Additionally the cabinets are very narrow, so as to fit behind a screen. Termination is via push-pin type so raw wire works. There is some overspray paint on them from their installed use, JBL stickers can be easily found so a fresh coat of paint, rebuildt woofers

For a bit before my THX subs, I put an EVM-18L in one and used it for home theater, foam plugs were used to retune the cabinet for this use. 

These cabinets are not PA, not rock and roll, they are actually intended for theater use, similar to a Klipsch model KPT315 except a single 18 for more chest-pounding bass. See attached spec sheet for details. http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/4645b.pdf

post-8651-0-84000000-1424354823_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-23200000-1424354852_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-99240000-1424354874_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-11960000-1424354893_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-86320000-1424354906_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-27920000-1424354920_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-20520000-1424354937_thumb.jp

Edited by colterphoto1

I'm trying to get pricing info on the Jubilees too, in case I decide to sell them. New or recent used sales. Anybody got any ideas? I'd call Klipsch but last time I called just to place a parts order it was a 20 minute hold! 

20 minutes only?  Don't you have your own personal hotline?

I'm trying to get pricing info on the Jubilees too, in case I decide to sell them. New or recent used sales. Anybody got any ideas? I'd call Klipsch but last time I called just to place a parts order it was a 20 minute hold! 

Call American Cinema Equipment Inc. They are in Portland OR and they do answer the phone.

http://www.klipsch.com/kp-262/details  Click on SPECS.  

They'e great for music, although they are two way with no separate tweeter. I merely meant that the crossover was specifically fine-tuned so they sounded marvelous for the spoken and sung word, as in  House of Worship use.  

I've had them lined up with 201, 250, HIP, Heresy, KSM12, and they were right in line with the tonality of all the other Klipsch pro 12" models. 

Edited by colterphoto1