Klipsch Reference Premiere vs. Reference II Speakers

Youthman

• Moderators

I'm guessing the RP-440C center is designed to be paired up with the smaller RP-260F and RP--250F and the larger RP-450F is to be paired with the RP-280F. I wouldn't think it would keep up at all with the RF-7ii and not likely with the RP--280F. Again, this is just a guess on my part.

I had a chance today to see the RP at the local HH Gregg.  There is a nice logo on the botton of the towers and the copper cones as mentioned above.   The grill have the pins and not magnets similar to the original RF 7's.  I thought they could have improved on the quility of the pins. 

The finish is different and I like the finish on the old Reference line.  This may be because I am already use to it.  Overall, they are OK.  I am not rushing to replace any of my speakers for the new line.  I did not mention anything about SQ due to not knowing how they were setup and a big box store is not the best place for a good listening test.

Edited by derrickdj1

I wonder how the  4 1/2 woofers sound with some  of the bigger towers?

I keep thinking that three of the 4x4" centers could potentially be nice in a small room with the outside ones mounted vertically.  Seems like a tower version of this center would be interesting.  They have something like that in the works with the wireless stuff.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I had a chance today to see the RP at the local HH Gregg. There is a nice logo on the botton of the towers and the copper cones as mentioned above. The grill have the pins and not magnets similar to the original RF 7's. I thought they could have improved on the quility of the pins.

The finish is different and I like the finish on the old Reference line. This may be because I am already use to it. Overall, they are OK. I am not rushing to replace any of my speakers for the new line. I did not mention anything about SQ due to not knowing how they were setup and a big box store is not the best place for a good listening test.

i find that funny you say they have pins as they literally say they have magnets and all pictures show no pins?

The salesman did not know what he was talking about.  I tried not to sound to down on the speakers and limited my comments.  Wow, that is good to know.  I was more impressed with the old Synergy line at HH Gregg.  Unfortunately, there is nothing at the local BB or HH Gregg beside speaker wire that I would purchase as far as audio.

• Moderators
Unfortunately, there is nothing at the local BB or HH Gregg beside speaker wire that I would purchase as far as audio.

With RF-7, RC-64 and an Acurus 200 x 5 amp, would you really expect to find anything at either of those stores that would come close to what you have now?  :P 

I am not sure this is the place to post these questions, but someone might be able to help some. I wonder if the RF-62II speakers would match up well with a Conrad Johnson CAV50 amp, or MV60 amp. Or would I be better off to get into the heritage series like the Heresy speakers? I like the Cornwall, but too big and heavy for me. any suggestions would be helpful. I have considered a Jolida JD502 amp with 6550 tubes. I have always thought Klipsch speakers sound great with tube amps. I am not into home theatre at all. Just music. Right now I have some RF-52II speakers connected to a hybrid amp and it sounds really nice. thanks. bob a.

I am not sure this is the place to post these questions, but someone might be able to help some. I wonder if the RF-62II speakers would match up well with a Conrad Johnson CAV50 amp, or MV60 amp. Or would I be better off to get into the heritage series like the Heresy speakers? I like the Cornwall, but too big and heavy for me. any suggestions would be helpful. I have considered a Jolida JD502 amp with 6550 tubes. I have always thought Klipsch speakers sound great with tube amps. I am not into home theatre at all. Just music. Right now I have some RF-52II speakers connected to a hybrid amp and it sounds really nice. thanks. bob a.

i would suggest starting a new thread in the two channel forum. The guys know music much better than us in the how theater section