First Experience with Audyssey Calibration (not quite what I expected)

Youthman

• Moderators
Or you could ask them to go out for an hour, not arriving back home before _____, and turn off your phone.

She was going to do that tonight for me but we've been quite busy getting ready to host 30 of our family members at our home tomorrow after church.

So, Youth, looks like you are back to this solution too?

Partially....my thought is to run Audyssey.  The LaScala Trio will bottom out at -12db.  I will take the loudest LaScala and match the rest of the speakers to it using my db meter.

The real question is, did you answer the door?

LOL She had a key.

Maybe you should do it manually with your ears, (like I did) you might get better results .

I don't see how I would be able to match exactly the levels of each speaker using only with my ears.  Also, Audyssey does more than level match.

• Moderators

So as you can see, moving the mic 1' further away from the MLP didn't really change the results from Audyssey but this will ensure that I'm doing it properly.

Headed there now Steven....stay tuned...

• Like 1

FL - 79db

C - 78db

FR - 78db

SR - 75db

SBR - 75db

SBL - 75db

SL - 75db

Sub1 - 68db

Sub2 - 70db

sooo you should turn everything up to 79 except subs. you should turn them to 76 each which should give you a combined 79 total. then your new reference will be when the main volume is at -4. 

and i like dynamic eq myself but dont do the dolby volume crap. 

• Like 1

FL - 79db

C - 78db

FR - 78db

SR - 75db

SBR - 75db

SBL - 75db

SL - 75db

Sub1 - 68db

Sub2 - 70db

Looks pretty good.  With the subwoofer values are you using the RS meter correction tables?

10Hz +20.5

12.5Hz +16.5

16Hz +11.5

20Hz +7.5

25Hz +5

31.5Hz +3

40Hz +2.5

50Hz +1.5

63Hz +1.5

80Hz +1.5

100Hz +2

Bill

Do you guys think I should change the crossover frequencies to 80 Hz?
100% your call. i set everything at 80 just to make sure there are no phase issues. but your trio of horn loaded 15's may play 50-80 with less distortion than your rsw-15's. let your ears be the judge.

now that i think about it aren't the la scalas rated down to 59? id cut them at 60 at the lowest personally 

• Like 1