Help with optimum speaker wiring

Seadoc

Think I have this correct but wanted a second opinion, or a better solution-prior to powering up.

Equipment: Klipsch LaScala (x2), Klipsch SW-112 (x2), Behringer Ultra Graph Pro (x1), 4ga monster speaker wire, and Crown CE4000 (x1).

Wiring: AMP R to R SW IN, R SW OUT to R LaScala IN.  AMP L to L SW IN, L SW OUT to L LaScale IN.  My amp has only 2 Neutrik Speakon outputs.  With no additional equipment and wired this way would the loads be considered parallel and then 4 ohms per channel ??  All input appreciated.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

Think I have this correct but wanted a second opinion, or a better solution-prior to powering up.

Equipment: Klipsch LaScala (x2), Klipsch SW-112 (x2), Behringer Ultra Graph Pro (x1), 4ga monster speaker wire, and Crown CE4000 (x1).

Wiring: AMP R to R SW IN, R SW OUT to R LaScala IN.  AMP L to L SW IN, L SW OUT to L LaScale IN.  My amp has only 2 Neutrik Speakon outputs.  With no additional equipment and wired this way would the loads be considered parallel and then 4 ohms per channel ??  All input appreciated.  Thanks. 

Here is the EQ back:

927c7488cdb064002b1b85323cc1d6e0.jpg

Here is the amp back:

CIMG0059.jpg

Can you tell us how you have these connected?  From reading your first description, it is hard to tell what is going to what.

Edit: Also, you have 2 powered subwoofers. Shouldn't they be connected directly to the EQ's sub out with a splitter (Y adapter)?

Edited by mustang guy

IMO, this is the way to set up if the EQ crossover knob also effects the high pass filter. If it does not, then the amp has places to set the high pass filter. This setup would be for 8 ohms per speaker, and give you the ability to set the gain on every speaker and sub individually, and set the delay on the subs for room mode adjustments.

oOb7YLN.jpg

Edited by mustang guy

Mustang Guy and Klipschsonian:

Thank you for the input.  My current wiring is below:

EQ (GEQ3102) to AMP (CH1 to CH1 with XLR cable), (CH2 to CH2 with XLR cable).  My EQ outputs are CH1 (XLR or 1/4 jack) and CH2 (XLR or 1/4 jack)...I do not have the sub output you posted.  CE outputs 2 Neutric Speakon (CH1, CH2) or 4 CEAS2 outputs (C1-L&R, C2-L&R).  This works fine currently but I want to add the 2 SW-112's.  And I would like to parallel them for 4ohms per channel - and not harm my equipment.  Is it as easy as + to + and - to - for each channel ???

OK, just so I have this straight. Your Behringer Ultra Graph Pro does not have a 'SUB OUT' XLR?  I thought all models of this had a SUB OUT.

If it does not, then you will be using the high level inputs into the subs. It is very important that you run the left AND the right channel into each individual sub. That means you will be running 4 pairs of speaker cables to them. Do not worry about impedance. This drawing will do what you want if you don't have a SUB OUT:

DcOStFvl.jpg

You will be running about 6 ohms impedance. Mostly because LS are closer to 6 ohms than 8. The subs will not effect impedance.

To be clear about this. From your Crown amp, each channel will go to 3 different places. sub1, sub2, and one of the LaScalas.

Edited by mustang guy