Sold: Restored H.H. Scott 299-C $675

Rivernuggets

in the posted pictures it is clearly marked mag lo, and mag hi for 2 mag inputs, however the high is supposed to be designed for 6 milivolts which all of todays carts are below that, so you would use mag low and if you needed more volume add SUT

using a sut is not a bad thing, (they are just built in to pre's that have lomc abilities, I have used many SUT before and some are amazing never once felt like i was missing something by not having them come built into the pre, In fact the opposite I like the fact that I can choose my own SUT and taylor my system to my preferences

Edited by joessportster

in the posted pictures it is clearly marked mag lo, and mag hi for 2 mag inputs, however the high is supposed to be designed for 6 milivolts which all of todays carts are below that, so you would use mag low and if you needed more volume add SUT

using a sut is not a bad thing, (they are just built in to pre's that have lomc abilities, I have used many SUT before and some are amazing never once fel like i was missing something by not having them come built into the pre

You are correct , my bad  Thanks

No problem at all, the great thing about this amp is if you buy it and find the phono does not suit you tastes you will resell and loose  ZERO $$$

In fact I will promise to buy it off you for the 675.00  (if you sell it, which I doubt)  you only have to wait for me to get settled with my injury issue  :D

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses Alex and Scott.

.....I just can't let it go. I know I'd regret it.

I've thought about this a great deal. Don't think I'll regret this down the road. Interests change with time, though. We'll see!

If not to late raise the price I'd say $875 would still be a deal.

In my book it's too late. Pisses me off when someone ups the price after underestimating the initial sale price. Can't go back now. Should have done more research like PM you first. :P

I knew you wouldn't do it I was just kidding around...