New MCM stack

kg4guy

Actually if someone is interested in my MWM bins I would sell them plus a pair of minty td-1's for $2000 killer two way SETUP need room for the Othorns this is a steal deal if you have the room t

No Kidding. You can just run a single big choke on the MWM's to roll off at about 150 Hz or go active. The TD 1 midbass, midrange and treble must be heard to be believed. Screaming deal for sure.

I remember seeing a pile of those danley's for sale here recently did you buy them all or a partial lot?  Seems it was a very good price for what they were but very heavy for portable use. 

Yes the Sound Physic Labs td-1's John Halliburton ,who worked with Tom at SPL, Claude and myself took I believe 20 units from Nac-Tech in Cleveland OH they came out of the Blossom Music Center outside Cleveland in Cuyahoga Falls. They are about 130lbs each but are truly amazing the early version of the Danley SH46.

I remember seeing a pile of those danley's for sale here recently did you buy them all or a partial lot?  Seems it was a very good price for what they were but very heavy for portable use. 

He bought several and I bought 10.

DAMN Claude - GET IT!!   

I do "get it." Having a modular single horn, smaller than a LaScala or about the same size as a K-402 (why do you think I sold mine) that goes to 80Hz-18Khz. with a 60x40 dispersion laying on it's side (down to about 50 Hz. when you lay it on the floor, against the wall or on top of an MWM bin, gives me the best, micro-detailed, most dynamic, lowest distortion sound I have ever experienced. Then when you butt up two of them upright, you get 14 drivers working for you per channel in a unified wave front, like a single driver, from 50Hz. to 18Khz. Add a couple of Danley DTS-10's and you get down from 12-50 Hz. with "bottomless bass" on music or movie LFE that piss people off a block away when you hit 2.5 Kilowatts (with proper high pass filtering of course).

When the "twins" are working, you have two B&C DE-250's working together as one (same driver I had in my Quarter Pie horn stack on the QSC waveguide), then you have EIGHT 5" sealed midrange diaphragms totalling 100 square inches of area, all horn loaded, creating ruler flat response from 350-3,500 Hz. vs. the typical 7 square inch metal diaphragm in a compression driver. I calculated about a 0.003" (3 thouandths of an inch) of cone movement at 350 Hz. when the horn puts out 120 db!! Then the four 12" woofer in the same horn have the same cone area as an 18" and a 15" woofer combined, producing the most micro detailed bass you have ever heard.

So, yes, other than my heavily modded Super Heresys (Baby Cornwalls) used in the rear channels (soon to be replaced by more TD-1's and a Runt) and my Klipsch 2.1 computer speakers, I'm a Danley man all the way.

Ridiculously low distortion and scary dynamics with deep imaging is now my life. Listening to all my favorite recordings in 2.1 and discovering nuances of sounds I never heard before. The only other Klipsch product that would ever consider to come close to this would be a Jubilee or MWM bass bin with K-402's, but they won't go as low as a TD-1.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

He bought several and I bought 10.

DAMN Claude - GET IT!!   

I do "get it." Having a modular single horn, smaller than a LaScala or about the same size as a K-402 (why do you think I sold mine) that goes to 80Hz-18Khz. with a 60x40 dispersion laying on it's side (down to about 50 Hz. when you lay it on the floor, against the wall or on top of an MWM bin, gives me the best, micro-detailed, most dynamic, lowest distortion sound I have ever experienced. Then when you butt up two of them upright, you get 14 drivers working for you per channel in a unified wave front, like a single driver, from 50Hz. to 18Khz. Add a couple of Danley DTS-10's and you get down from 12-50 Hz. with "bottomless bass" on music or movie LFE that piss people off a block away when you hit 2.5 Kilowatts (with proper high pass filtering of course).

When the "twins" are working, you have two B&C DE-250's working together as one (same driver I had in my Quarter Pie horn stack on the QSC waveguide), then you have EIGHT 5" sealed midrange diaphragms totalling 100 square inches of area, all horn loaded, creating ruler flat response from 350-3,500 Hz. vs. the typical 7 square inch metal diaphragm in a compression driver. I calculated about a 0.003" (3 thouandths of an inch) of cone movement at 350 Hz. when the horn puts out 120 db!! Then the four 12" woofer in the same horn have the same cone area as an 18" and a 15" woofer combined, producing the most micro detailed bass you have ever heard.

So, yes, other than my heavily modded Super Heresys (Baby Cornwalls) used in the rear channels (soon to be replaced by more TD-1's and a Runt) and my Klipsch 2.1 computer speakers, I'm a Danley man all the way.

Ridiculously low distortion and scary dynamics with deep imaging is now my life. Listening to all my favorite recordings in 2.1 and discovering nuances of sounds I never heard before. The only other Klipsch product that would ever consider to come close to this would be a Jubilee or MWM bass bin with K-402's, but they won't go as low as a TD-1.

The truth shall set you free!

Edited by kg4guy

Well the truth I was referring to was the data on the drivers however everyones taste of what they think a good speaker sounds like is different it has little to do with the truth. :D

The truth shall set you free!

Everyone's "truth" is different, but we all seek the best sound per dollar, do we not? Horns a usually big and expensive, so when you get them small and cheap, you go for it. 

Edited by kg4guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...