Need Replacement Dust Caps for Epic CF-3....Please Help

DORF

Greetings all. First post for a long time lurker.

On the 29th of January, I purchased a set of V1 CF3's. I absolutely love the sound of these speakers. As many have stated, they truly do it all. After some spirited listening, I noticed an annoying rattle/vibration. Upon further inspection, I discovered that the adhesive has let go on 3 of the 4 dust caps. The previous owner was a smoker and I figure this contributed to their failure.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable replacement? I measure them to be just under 4 inches and the only vendor I find selling a 4" poly dust cap is PartsExpress. http://www.parts-express.com/4-poly-speaker-dust-cap--260-383

Can anyone confirm if this would be suitable? The picture doesnt look very appealing and the description states that it's primarily used on 12-15" woofers. Seeing how these are 10's, I am looking for a vote of confidence that this is the correct solution to my problem. As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will showoff my newly acquired gems.

Thank you in advance to any who reply :)

If they are just loose and haven't fallen off, why not get the appropriate glue and just run a small bead to re-glue the originals?

I'd think there would be more chance of damage trying to remove a loose dust cap so you could replace it... versus re-gluing it in place.

If they've already fallen off, the Parts Express replacements should do the job.

• Like 1

If they are just loose and haven't fallen off, why not get the appropriate glue and just run a small bead to re-glue the originals?

I'd think there would be more chance of damage trying to remove a loose dust cap so you could replace it... versus re-gluing it in place.

If they've already fallen off, the Parts Express replacements should do the job.

Let me clarify. They haven't fallen off. The adhesive has let go in a couple of spots around the perimeter of the cap.

As for the adhesive suggestion, I agree that seems like the simple fix. I didn't know if I would be able to get the surface under the lip clean enough and apply enough adhesive to ensure a good bond with the cap still on the cone. You can see the spots that need attention when you press down on the woofer (it just doesn't look like there is enough room to do the repair justice).

I appreciate the suggestions and will update this thread when I decide which route I am going to pursue. When dealing with unobtainium, I tend to get a little apprehensive and nervous so I figured I would pick your brains. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and experience.....I am glad to be a part of it :)