My new Klipschorns have arrived!

Trentster5172

Here they are at the factory last week. In the photo are the two builders, the quality control person, and the packer. I really appreciate the attention to detail. These are nothing short of miraculous! They blow my La Scalas paired with my subs away. They didn't fill the house with sound quite like these do. American craftsmanship at its finest!

nice to see the obvious pride in their work....great job guys!!!

That's a really nice feature.  I had no idea they were made that way now.  They look great!

the side grills have cutouts for baseboards dating back to the 50-60's

this is not a new feature

I've never owned a pair so there's more that I don't know about them than what I do.  Thanks for the info!

That's a really nice feature.  I had no idea they were made that way now.  They look great!

then why are people always talking about having to butcher a room's baseboards in order to get proper seals?

then why are people always talking about having to butcher a room's baseboards in order to get proper seals?

because they don't know what their talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Klipsch-Klipschorn-Speaker-Brochures-Hi-Fi-Audio-/381100391262?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item58bb5a7b5e&nma=true&si=e%252BXsrX%252B6Gjm3A8PyOIJ7fUHlNIs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

the tail board with the rubber seal is also notched for baseboards

Edited by Budman

Listening to Jeff Buckley on vinyl. Linkin Park on vinyl next. Listened also to Vivaldi : The Four Seasons recomposed by Max Richter. The first thing I listened to was Kings of Leon and Def Leppard: High and Dry. Also watched clips from Avatar, Star Trek, and Top Gun.

The twin R-115SW's keep up just fine, but when I had them on with the Khorns it was way too much bass- lol.

Listening to just the Khorns for music, so they must be sealed pretty good.

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 4

Guest Steven1963

I am jealous, having owned Klipsch speakers for 24 years and never heard a Klipschorn. I am culturally deprived. Congrats on your purchase.

You live in NY - lots of people around.  You NEED to find a member close by that has them setup properly and ask them if you could come by for a listen.  You will never forget the sound and you will chase it for years.  For me, hearing them for the first time was like an epiphany. I had tears in my eyes.

Seriously, make a post and seek out some members close by and it'll happen.

Edited by Steven1963